Hinduism:Prajapati

  • mat430_2000@
    Message 1 of 2208 , Nov 30, 2001
      Dear all,
      I have heard that there is reference to "Prajapati Yagam" in Hinduism
      (Rig veda) and that it, in many ways, refers to Christ.
      Can anyone throw more light on this? like - the reference, the content, the context etc. Also, I am sure Hindus have a different interpretation for this.
      Can someone enlighten us?

      Thanks in advance.
      Regards,
      Mathew (Queens,NY)
      Message 2208 of 2208 , May 19 7:59 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "God's saints value more than any of us the great act of the redemption of mankind by God, the descent of the Son of God from heaven, His teaching, likewise, His sufferings, death, burial, resurrection, and ascension into heaven; for they spent all their lives in working out their own and others' salvation, sincerely, firmly, infallibly, with their whole hearts; for the sake of their own and others' salvation, they renounced themselves, fasted, prayed, watched, wrestled, labored in deed and word with their intellect and pen. But we do not understand how to value such great acts; we are cold, distracted, heedless, and are more occupied with the visible world and of its good, which are but smoke."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!"  Psalm 40:13