Have you been saved?- Prince Thankachan

  • Dr. Babu Thomas, Zambia
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 16, 2007
      With reference to Mr. Prince Thankachan's remarks ( Icon # 2875) :

      Noticed the very strong objection to the statement that "Eternal Salvation
      is to be given by Jesus only at his second coming"; and the reaction that
      ; ' that statement is totally wrong" !!!!!.

      Also observed the comment that " It ( my write up) contains many good
      things and quoting NUMEROUS biblical passages" ; but later writes " Nobody
      can take a single passage out of context". Although, Mr.Thankachan talks
      about " Bible alone" and about " Bible teaching Church" etc, I haven't seen
      even a single verse from the Bible to refute what I had written.

      As I had already written, I am just an ordinary person , trying to
      understand Bible in my own humble way. I strongly believe that it was God's
      plan that I was to become a Medical Doctor,- a Surgeon- in which capacity I
      have been continuing since 1966.

      My Bible tells me in 1 Cor.7:17 " Each one should retain the place in life
      that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him". Verses 20
      and 24 of the same chapter also tells exactly the same thing. So, I don't
      feel guilty that I did not look for a GOOD bible school. I didn't know that
      people who have studied in GOOD bible colleges only should write in this
      forum ( Moderators may please clarify on this point).

      Also I know that Apostle Paul himself says ( 2 Cor. 1:13) " For we do not
      write to you anything you cannot read or understand".

      I strongly believe , that there CAN NOT be anyone more authoritative than
      Jesus Christ, to tell us about Salvation. During His time on earth ( as a
      human), ordinary people like me used to ask Him , very simple very
      straight forward questions about Salvation and Jesus gave very
      understandable answers too. That is all what I had written.

      To be in heaven, I being a sinner ,can only plead for mercy from God , like
      that Tax Collector who went to pray with that Pharisee.(Luke 18:9-14).

      My God tells me, " WHEN YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WERE TOLD TO DO ,
      should say, we are unworthy servants ; we have only done our duty" (Luke
      17: 10). And certainly, I can't claim that I have done everything I was
      asked to do. I understand that that is why even Paul says:" I have fought
      the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith: Now there
      is IN STORE for me the crown of righteousness..".( 2 Tim. 4:7) Even Paul,
      who had finished all that he was asked to do, DOES NOT claim the crown;
      about which he says that it is in STORE only.

      We are NOBODY to claim anything from God; ( I am aware of the " Name it, and
      claim it " doctrine of the 'so called' born again fellowships ) I believe
      that there is a cloud of witnesses for all that we do. Hebrews 12: 1 says;
      " Since we are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off
      everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run
      with perseverance the race marked out for us".

      There is one ' who will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will
      expose the motives of our hearts' . HE ONLY can decide what is due for us.
      And that HE is my Jesus.And the time, is at HIS second coming.

      " He has only begun a good work in my life and I believe He will carry it
      to completion UNTIL THE DAY OF HIS SECOND COMING". And I know, what I am
      going to receive from God at his second coming is according to what I have
      done . 2 Cor. 5:10 tells me that " For we all must appear before the
      judgment seat of Christ , that each one may receive what is due to him for
      the things done while in the body, whether good or bad". Is it also a
      single verse taken totally out of context?. What does 'the Bible teaching
      church' say about John 5: 29 "... those who have done good will rise to
      live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned " ? or Romans
      2:6 " God will give to each person according to what he has done. To those
      who by persistence in doing GOOD seek glory, honour, and immortality, HE

      ( GOD) will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who
      REJECT THE TRUTH and follow evil, there WILL BE wrath and anger".

      Or Think about Phil 2: 12 " Therefore, my dear friends, .. Continue to
      work out your Salvation with fear and trembling"

      Or Jude 14 - 15 , 18, 21 " See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon
      thousands of his holy ones to JUDGE EVERYONE, to convict all the ungodly of
      all the ungodly acts they have done... In the last times there will be
      scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires....Keep yourselves in
      God's love as you WAIT FOR THE MERCY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST TO BRING YOU
      TO ETERNAL LIFE".

      So,what shall I comment when people get angry when I write that ' eternal
      Salvation/ Life is given by Jesus ONLY at His second coming'

      And which spirit is it, to say that that statement is totally wrong!!!!

      Dr. Babu Thomas, Zambia.
    • V. L. Eapen, Austin, TX
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 27, 2007
        Answering detractors is, of course, fine; but not without
        its drawbacks. It is fine at lower rungs of the spiritual
        ladder in terms of temporary emotional satisfaction gained
        at the expense of enduring spiritual edification. Tit for
        tat is emotionally satisfying for a while. The attendant
        cost, however, is the clarity of focus lost or blurred once
        and for all - i.e. for ever - in one's heavenward race. A
        true aspirant to higher rungs of the spiritual ladder does
        well when he/she desists from such an exercise(s) in
        futility. King Solomon, therefore, aptly counsels in
        Eccles. 7:21, "Do not give heed to all the things that men
        say, lest you hear your servant cursing you."

        Besides, suffering slight - assumed or real - on account of
        one's witnessing to the Lord is to be deemed pricelessly
        precious. 1 Pet. 2:20-23 commends it in no unmistakable
        terms: "But if when you do right and suffer for it you take
        it patiently, you have God's approval. For to this you
        have been called, because Christ also suffered for you,
        leaving you an example, that you should follow in His
        steps... ... When He was reviled, He did not revile in
        return; when He suffered, He did not threaten; but He
        trusted to Him Who judges justly."

        Unlike 'WEARING the name Christ', 'BEARING the name Christ'
        necessarily entails suffering for His precious name. The
        urge to retaliate in the same coin, though natural and
        irresistible, has to be curbed, and put on permanent hold
        for His sake. The reward for that is far beyond what we
        can comprehend in our finitude.

        Prayerfully,

        Nakkolackal V. L. Eapen,
        St. Gregorios Church, Austin, TX.