MIDI version of songs

  • James Thomas, New York
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 29, 2007
      Glory be to God!!

      Looking for MIDI (Instrumental) version of Orthodox Qurbana songs, Morning Prayer songs, any Orthodox service songs.

      Could you please email me the MIDI format to madhucheeva00 @...
      I would greatly appreciate any help.

      Thanks & May God bless all!
      James Thomas
      New York, USA

      madhucheeva00 @...
    • Oommen Kappil, New York
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 31, 2007
        Book for Distribution
        Dearly beloved; Very Rev Corepiscops, Rev Fathers, Rev
        Deacons, MGOCSM and
        FOCUS members, Members of ICON and all the faithful of the
        Holy Church,

        I am Father K. K. John (Fr. John Kunjukunju) from
        Philadelphia, USA.
        I am happy to announce that my book, "Christian Righteousness-
        An Orthodox
        Perspective" has finally arrived and it is now at hand.

        This book is a collection of 70 selected sermons written by
        me. It has 319
        printed pages and the beautifully laminated cover page.

        It is printed at DC Books Kottayam, one of the best quality
        printers in
        India, using the best quality offset printer on best quality
        paper and ink.
        Those who saw the book wondered if such high quality of the
        printing is
        available in India!

        H.G. Dr. Thomas Mor Athanesius, Metropolitan of Kandanad
        Diocese, well-known
        scholar and Orthodox Theologian of our times wrote, "My dear
        Achen, Thank
        you very much for your new book published recently. I did not
        get time to
        read the whole work. But I started reading it. It is really
        impressive. May
        God bless you and help you to publish such books. It will be a
        great service
        for the church, June 18, 07"

        H.G. Mor Nicholovos has given the blessing and Very Rev Dr. PS
        Samuel
        Corepiscopa has written an appreciation. Rev Fr John Thomas,
        Former MGOCSM
        Secretary and Vicar of St Mary's Jackson Heights, NY said,
        "This is the best
        of all the books I have read in the recent past."

        I attest with confidence, 'You will not regret buying and
        reading it." It is
        useful for leaders and clergies for meditation and preparing
        sermons.

        St Thomas Orthodox Church of India, Dover NJ, is the
        Publisher.
        The Book is available for distribution as follows:

        (1) Myself: Fr KK John, 328 Avon St, Philadelphia, PA 19116.
        Ph 215.673.2769
        Email: fatherkkjohn@..., fatherjohnkk@...,
        kkjohn47@...

        (2) Mr. Mathew M Abraham, 86 Old Boonton Rd, Denville, NJ
        07834. Ph
        973.335.9335
        Email: mmabraham@..., dr.abraham@...

        (3) Mr. Sunoj K Thampi, 30 Linden Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052.
        Ph
        973.325.1140
        Email: sunoj@..., sunojthampi@...

        (4) MGOCSM Book Stores in Kerala

        (5) Mr. Jacob Varughese, Mannakuzhyil, Thadiyoor P.O, Kerala,
        India-689545
        Phone 4692-765000, 4692-773333, email:
        jacobcanara@...
        A donation of US$ 20/- (Twenty) in USA plus shipping and
        handling is
        desired. Those who buy 10 or more copies will get 20% discount
        for their
        parish or MGOCSM.

        In India Rupees 300/- plus shipping and handling is desired,
        with same
        discount.
        The proceeds will be used for printing my second and third
        volumes and the
        balance shall be used for Charity. I have set up a six member
        committee for
        this purpose (1) Rev Dn. Gheevarghese John, (2) Mr. Sunil
        Kurian Esq. (3)
        Mr. Jacob Varughese-Kerala, (4) Mr. Mathew M Abraham and (5)
        Mr. Sunoj K
        Thampi and (6) Myself.

        I request co-operation of brother-priests, deacons and
        MGOCSM/Youth and
        faithful, Johnachen.
        Dear Bindu, Rajan, Jeswin, Regi, Please announce this news for
        me in your
        publication, Thanks

        Thank you and God bless you !!

        Johnachen
      • Kuruvilla Abraham Thykadavil, Kuwait
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2007
          Dear Ronnie,

          You seem to have no doubts about the various "frills" associated with
          the church [A throne is a frill. A glorious and expensive Cathedral
          is a frill. A
          mercedez Bens is a frill. The throne Jesus offered to his disciple
          is
          in heaven. Not in this world. ], yet choose to ignore the frills
          that Binny Hinn and his likes keep adding to their personal wealth.
          Mansions, private jets, expensive clothes etc.

          Please think about this.

          Kuruvilla Abraham Thykadavil
          Kuwait
        • Fr. KK John, NJ, USA
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
            Dearly beloved,

            There are two corrections in the "Book for
            distribution" announcement,

            1, Price as per the advice of some respectable
            priest-friends is reduced from, $20 to 15 with same
            discuount. Also if someone can can sell for $20, take
            40% discount for the Church/MGOCSM. In other words
            what you need to give me is only $12.00

            2, Address of Mr. Mathew Abraham is #85 Boonton Rd.

            Thank you and God bless you,

            Johnachen
          • Cicily Sunny, Staten Island, New York
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
              Dear Readers:
              The discussion about miracle healing is geting too far and beyond control and we need to put a closure somewhere. I think the following conclusion of Ronnie Daniel is reasonable and acceptable to all.

              "My humble request to those who pretend to protect Orthodox church is to look at the scores of struggling Christians and non-Christians who were lifting up their hands and shedding their tears in these healing services instead of looking at Benny Hin and pointing out his shortcomings. Let God judge Benny Hin. Let us show our sympathy to the suffering people who get at least a relief for a day or two when they were attending these events. Please do remember that Jesus Christ or Miracle is not patented to Orthodox Church".
              Let us not debate too much about the mysteries of God. From what I see I understand that miracles are happening in our every day lives in may ways which we take for granted without any appreciation to God at all. To cure some diseases, God gives the doctors the ability, knowledge and power. Regarding some diseases which are beyond the ability of doctors, God cures himself without any medicine through His word. This can happen in individual prayer, group prayer or faith-healing group. I am not writing this to win a debate. Even if somebody tries to do that, I am least afftected by that. We have to leave alone Benny Hynn, Ronnie Daniel etc. and try to strengthen our faith in God for our own salvation.
              I would like to share something that happened on August 31st. My nephew in India got a hip joint surgery on august 29th after an accident. He could not walk for 3 months. He cannot move his right hand and right leg. The hand does not have enough blood circulation. The surgery took 14 hours. I prayed for six hours, and the rest of the time I was sleeping being night here. The doctors said in advance that if there is no blood circulation on the hip, they could not even do the surgery. That worried me a lot. My prayer was first to have the blood circulation and then to give the ability to the doctors to perform the surgery. When I prayed with tears looking at the picture of Jesus, He gave me hope. When I called after three hours, I heard that there was enough blood circulation. I asked one saintly American lady to pray for him at night and she did. She is a prayer warrior. The next day she told me that she had terrible pain on her leg throughout the night while she was praying. She was awake to watch her ninety year old mother. She never got that kind of pain before. I have heard from many prayer warriors whom I know that when they pray for severe cases, they get physical ailments. There are two reasons they say for this. One is that while Jesus takes away somebody's pains, the person who prays gets that pain in some cases like bearing the cross of Jesus. Another reason is that when we pray for somebody who is under Satan, the person who prays gets attacked by Satan. That is why people have to pray for those people with proper preparation like fasting so that Satan cannot touch them. I had been attacked by Satan a few times for trying to help a family torn down by Satan. These are some things I have learnt in my personal research. You don't have to accept or believe or criticize. This is just a casual sharing which I am not trying to establish. My nephew's surgery was successful, and I am waiting for the end result with hope. Thank you for reading my humble message.

              Cicily Sunny
              Staten Island, New York
            • Suraj Iype, Assam
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 4, 2007
                Unfortunately every year at this time, we have a controversy raising
                its head over the canonicity of the eight day fast.

                This is not beneficial at all. Two types of responses have come, one
                which asks the church to change the canons and questions the very
                logic of the canons, and another which castigates anybody who raises a
                question as a Pharisee and a divisive Christian. Both responses in my
                opinion are insufficient.

                First some misconceptions regarding the feast can be removed.

                The Feast of the Nativity of the Theotokos dated to September 8 on the
                Gregorian and reformed Julian calendars is a feast of the Church.
                It is a feast on the official calendar of the Malankara Church, on
                this day it is also celebrated by the Armenian, Greek, Russian,
                Serbian and Syrian Churches(Sept 7).
                The Coptic Orthodox Church celebrates the feast of the Nativity of the
                Theotokos on May 1 and the Ukrainian Orthodox celebrate it on
                September 21.
                The Latin’s too celebrate this feast on September 8 .
                In short the feast of the birth of St Mary is celebrated by the EO,
                OO , Latin Catholics and Anglicans.

                This feast originated in Jerusalem around the year 200, although it
                achieved prominence in the Church of the Constantinople(where it is
                numbered in the 12 great feasts of the Church) . The festal troparion
                for this feast was composed by Romanos the Melodist in 560, and it was
                from here that Eastern monks took it to Rome where it was first
                celebrated as a feast only in the year 701 under Pope Sergius.

                So this is an Eastern feast and not a Latin one. Perhaps in the Non
                Chalcedonian Churches of Syria and Egypt this feast never became very
                prominent as its origins were connected to the Chalcedonianism of
                Constantinople. Yet it is found on the calendars of Coptic, Syrian
                Armenian and Indian Churches.
                This feast is not connected with the Immaculate conception as is
                commonly said ; if it were the EO and OO would not celebrate it.
                It can also be noted that the Birth of St John the Baptist and St Mary
                are the only two birthdays commemorated in addition to Yeldo.

                So the celebration of the feast itself is not contrary to the Canons.

                Then why is this lent non-canonical (uncanonical is an unsuitable word).

                A specific lent from September 1- 8 is not found in any of the EO and
                OO Churches. Such is the case with the Syrian Church too. Perhaps
                in Malankara this lent was introduced during the 54 year Latin
                occupation of Malankara after Udayamperoor.

                The practice of celebrating and partaking of the Eucharist and then
                fasting is something which is canonically prohibited. The fast is
                broken when the Qurbana is celebrated.
                On Sunday we are even enjoined not to do the penitential prostrations
                and kumbedeel because Sunday is a joyous day. Sunday and Saturday are
                seen as days when the rest of the Sabbath is enjoined upon us. Hence
                during Great lent and other canonical Lents, Qurbana is not celebrated
                on week days.
                So just as we continue to abstain from non Lenten foods during the
                Saturdays and Sundays of Great Lent, we can do the same during Sep 1-
                8 without officially calling it a lent.

                This distinction between abstinence and fasting should be made clear
                to all.
                The correct thing would be to make the facts and the logic know to the
                faithful and ask them abstain and continue their devotions without
                fasting after the reception of the Eucharist.
                Otherwise there is hardly anything wrong with seeking the intercession
                of the Holy Mother and celebrating the Eucharist for 8 days. This
                perhaps explains why people have so many positive spiritual experiences.

                But I agree with Yesudasan uncle that it is wrong to neglect the
                canonical Lents, Moranoye and Dukrono perunalls and focus exclusively
                on this particular devotion.
                It makes no sense to neglect the Lent of the Assumption or that of
                Yeldo and make a hue and cry about Ettu Nombu. Yet we can hope that
                devotion to St Mary will allow a number of people to discover the
                riches of the Church and the importance of fasting, penance and the
                Eucharist. St Mary herself will point all to the Church.

                C. Suraj Iype
                Assam.
              • James Thomas, NY
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 25, 2011
                  Glory be to God!!

                  Looking for MIDI (Instrumental) version of Orthodox Qurbana songs, Morning Prayer songs, any Orthodox service songs.

                  Could you please email me the MIDI format to madhucheeva00 @...
                  I would greatly appreciate any help.

                  Thanks & May God bless all!
                  James Thomas
                  New York, USA

                  madhucheeva00 @...
                  glory to god
                  you can download some midi version of orthodox qurbana songs from the following site
                  http://vibingeorge4u.googlepages.com OR Visit the site MALAYALAM MIDI
                  thank you