Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 82 , Aug 29, 2007
      "Our intellect often finds it hard to endure praying because of the straitnes and concentration that it involves; but it joyfully turns to theology because of the broad and unhampered scope of divine speculation. Therefore, so as to keep the intellect from expressing itself too much in words or exalting itself unduly in its joy, we should spend most of our time in prayer, in singing psalms and reading the Holy Scriptures, yet without neglecting the speculations of wise men whose faith has been revealed in their writings. In this way we shall prevent the intellect from confusing its own utterances with the utterances of grace, and stop it from being led astray by self-esteem and dispersed through over-elation and loquacity."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.

      "The fear of the Lord delights the heart, and gives gladness and joy and long life." Sirach 1:12

    • Aby K. Paul
      Message 82 of 82 , Sep 2, 2007
        An annual convention is arranged at Saunders High School, Palmer Rd.,
        Yonkers, NY by the Malankara Orthodox parishes in Bronx/ Westchester region
        on September 15th and 16th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Fliers have been
        sent to all neighboring parishes. Rev. Fr. T.J. Joshua will be the main
        speaker on both days.

        Joshua achan will celebrate the holy qurbana at St. George Orthodox Church
        of Westchester, 360 Irving Ave., Port Chester, NY 10573 on Sunday September
        16, 2007. Please call (914)937-9000 for more information.

        All are welcomed for both occasions.

        Thanks
        Aby K. Paul
        Secretary, St. George Orthodox Church of Westchester,
        Secretary, Combined Celebrations 2007 - Bronx/ Westchester parishes of
        Malankara Orthodox Church.