Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      "But why are our death, burial, and resurrection all at the same time, for we do arise at the same moment that we are buried [at baptism], whereas our Master's resurrection was delayed? He arose after three days. Why, then, does our resurrection come at once and His come more slowly? The truth is that He did so to help us to understand that weakness is not the reason for the delay. Surely He Who could make His servant arise in an instant of time was all the more able to raise up Himself. Why, then, the delay? Why the three days in the tomb? So that the fact of His resurrection after a death which was slow in coming might, because of this delay, be established by a proof beyond all dispute. Even now, after such strong proof, there are men who say that He only appeared to suffer. What would these men have said if there had not been such a delay in His resurrection?"

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart. Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name." Psalms 97:11-12

    • Sarah Korah
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2007
        Just reading on the subject of "compartmentalizing " it is obvious that our
        2 compartments are not willing to openly look at life in a humble manner.
        If all the so called ' called or chosen" lives a real Called or chosen" life
        and shows Christ like example it would be so good but there is hardly very
        few who are" called" and who lives the example that was set for us by Christ.
        As long as the " teachers" dont walk the talk it is absolutely useless to
        keep on writing to prove the " teachers" position It also clearly shows the
        lack of humility.
        why waste the time
        if MKK would write something about this topic I would really appreciate that.
        we all know where the priesthood came , where it was and where it is now
        and where it is going-
        Unlike Jesus washing the feet of the twelve what we see is entirely
        opposite in more than 99+% of the so called " teachers"
        If anyone really wishes to impart some knowledge to the young and ignorant
        please do so like Christ did and not to establish ones own rights and
        position.

        Sarah [without any affiliation to any church as long as we are second class citizens.]
        --------------------------
        Moderators' Note: Please sign your full name and place, always.
      • C. Alex Alexander, Odenton, MD
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2007
          It is indeed refreshing to read the comments of free-thinkers like
          Sarah Korah, Sally Nelson, Rajji Johnson, Susan Eapen, Ronnie
          Daniel, John Kunnathu et al who are not afraid of exercising their
          conscience and God-given intelligence to sift the wheat from the chaff
          from our scriptures. That in my humble view, is the obligation of
          every practicing Christian.

          Ascribing "infallibility" to either scriptures or human beings
          whatever their spiritual position or title is nothing but idolatry,
          the very thing against which Jesus of Nazareth struggled against and
          became victorious by His exemplary conduct and ultimate sacrifice.

          Jesus had the humility even to say "why call me good, there is none
          good, except God alone" and also cautioned us to remember that "the
          sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath".

          In that context, I came across the following statement from the
          writings of Professor Marcus Borg, who is also the Past President of
          the Anglican Association of Biblical Scholars. Here is what he had to
          say about "idolatry".

          "Without questioning, faith is idolatrous. Just as patriotism without
          questioning risks becoming idolatrous nationalism, so faith without
          questioning risks becoming idolatrous religion. To explain: when faith
          is defined as unquestioning acceptance of "tenets or traditions,"
          whether drawn from the Bible or doctrine or both, then the object of
          faith is no longer God, but the tenets and traditions themselves.
          Something other than God has been given an absolute status – which is
          what makes it idolatrous." Marcus Borg.

          C. Alex Alexander, Odenton, MD