Re: Straight from the chik-lit world: A Personal Account

  • Sanjoy Paul, Chandigarh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
      Dear Members,

      I could not go through many of the previous digests of ICON in
      detail. All I could do over the last many days was skim through the
      topics and glance through the texts. All the while, I was quite
      disappointed to note that nothing concrete was coming out of our
      Chikungunya initiative. Until, I just read the above article by Babu
      Daniel (from Mumbai) about his personal experiences. It was indeed
      very heartening and gratifying to go through the selfless service
      and personal sacrifices rendered by people like Sankaranthil achan,
      John Sir & his team from Puthencavu, Lilly kutty aunty, Jolly, Babu
      Daniel, the OCYM volunteers etc, to distribute food kits and
      medicines to worst-hit poor people in Konni. No doubt that their
      efforts will not go unheeded Above. In the eyes of God, they are the
      real heroes of this hour. How desperately our Church and our society
      need more people like them, who not only honour the true Christian
      spirit in their hearts but also practice them in their real life!
      ICON is taking the right initiative in identifying more of such
      resource people in the badly hit areas, and in organizing to raise
      funds, both urgently needed. Let us whole-heartedly help and support
      this noble initiative in whatever capacity we can.

      With prayers,
      Sanjoy Paul
      St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Chandigarh