Re: Falsehood against a sister church...

  • Dr.Abraham P.Sam
    Message 1 of 2209 , Jun 27, 2007
      Sirs,
      It is the problem with us, orthodox believers to argue on all unnecessary points. What is the problem if aperson who can not stand for a long time due to health reasons, sits to pray. Our forefathers could stand for a long time due to good health which is lacking in the present generation. What if somebody choose to say halleluyya or praise the lord or kuriaelayson or bareckmore loudly (not in the regular qurbana). A creation can prise his creator any way he likes without disturbing the decorum. We beleive that even birds sing praise in the morning some of the sounds which we maynot like, eventhough.

      About our attendence in the church, better we do not talk about it, we go to see qurbana not to participate in it. Marthoma church goers are prompt in attending church from start(majority). What if some body do not pray to mother mary, if you believe you pray those who pray reap their blessings and those who donot wont get it but if you call your brother fool, Jesus said that you will surely go to hell.
      You can not call anybody's prayer wrong because only God see the heart and your true belief. What if somebody use colourfull dress and some only rough cotton dress, it is not the dress which is important but the purity of the heart which dwells in the body inside the dress.

      We probably beleive in making extravagant church buildings and bell towers, and as our income status inproved our churches also started showing it, but are you sure Jesus likes it, He dwells not in chuches but in your hearts, have you decorated it with purity and love to God and to you fellow being.

      With regards

      Dr.Abraham P.Sam
      Moderators' Note: Please sign your name with location, always.
      Message 2209 of 2209 , May 20 8:56 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "The Son of God, Who in His compassion became man, died so far as His body was concerned when His soul was separated from His body, but this body was not separated from His divinity, and so He raised up His body once more and took it with Him to heaven in glory. Similarly, when those who have lived here in a godly manner are separated from their bodies, they are not separated from God, and in the resurrection they will take their bodies with them to God, and in their bodies they will enter with inexpressible joy there where Jesus has preceded us and in their bodies they will enjoy the glory that will be revealed in Christ. Indeed, they will share not only in resurrection, but also in the Lord's ascension and in all divine life. But this does not apply to those who live this present life in an unregenerate matter and who at death have no communion with God. For though all will be resurrected, yet the resurrection of each individual will be in accordance with his own inner state."

           St. Gregory Palamas.

        "Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy."  Luke 24:51-52