All the Praises are to you Lord God

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
      Forwarding a mail I received yesterday. I thought I must share it with
      my fellow Christians.
      -------------------------
      Dear Thomas.

      Leave u r worries to our lord he will take control of every thing.
      As a youth of Philadelphia Ascension marthoma church we are praying
      for u r brother. He will be alright, will come back from India in a
      good spirit prasing our lord.

      Let me tell u a real incident which had happened to our Philadelphia
      Bethel Marthoma church Achen P. K .Zakaria. Few months back he had
      meet with a car accident he is paralysed from Wasit he cannot stand
      up or do things for him self. The doctors over here told 90% he
      cannot do things for him self. He was discharged from the hospital
      recently without much developments .still he is paralysed from waist
      to toe.

      He gave the leadership in giving heart touching message to a big
      crowd , the crowd was happy to see him talking in a new spirit, and
      enthusiam praising our lord in his difficulties.

      For the first time in my life i saw all Pentacostal pastors from NE
      part Philadelphia all on the stage with Priests of
      Jacobite ,Orthodox,CSI ,Evangelical all together on the stage there
      were 14 people.

      Yesterday was the last day it lasted up to night 10 pm. The venue
      Ascension Marthoma Church was jam packed the with more than 900
      people. And the crowd was managed with the help of CCTV and extra
      audio systems in different rooms.

      For the first time in Ascension Marthoma church history it saw this
      much people. A over crowded church.

      Praise the lord. The lord is alive, He can do miracel for u brother
      to.

      May god bless u.
      love
      P. Sanjay Samuel.
      (Ascension Marthoma Church Piladelphia)
    • Fr. Mathew C. Chacko
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
        Cardinal Arinze Promotes "Education for Dialogue"

        VATICAN CITY, NOV. 5, 2001 <A HREF="http://www.zenit.org/">(Zenit.org)</A>.-
        Cardinal Francis Arinze sent this
        message on behalf of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue to
        the Hindu faithful of the world on the occasion of the upcoming feast of
        Diwali.

        * * *

        Hindus and Christians: educating their respective communities to dialogue

        Dear Hindu Friends,

        1. As you celebrate the Feast of Diwali I send greetings and good wishes in
        my own name and on behalf of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious
        Dialogue. May your celebration bring you much joy and happiness.

        2. Mutual respect and esteem for our respective religious traditions lead to
        a greater awareness of our responsibility to cooperate in promoting social
        peace and harmony. War and violence waged in the name of religion are
        contrary to the true spirit of religion and can endanger its very existence.
        Education for dialogue, greater communication and practical cooperation will
        contribute to overcoming the causes of violence and to promoting a spirit of
        mutual understanding and respect. I propose that we intensify our efforts to
        foster relations and promote dialogue between our communities.

        3. This proposal echoes that of the representatives of various religious
        traditions at the Interreligious Assembly held in the Vatican in 1999:
        "Education is a key for promoting interreligious harmony, religious freedom
        and respect for people of different religious traditions ... Above all,
        education is committed to seeking truth, justice, peace and reconciliation.
        very practical programme, which already exists in various places, is the
        joint examination of textbooks, not only of religion, but also -- and
        perhaps
        especially -- of history. The lamentable ignorance and misinformation with
        which we sometimes bring up our children concerning other people's religious
        traditions need to be rectified. We must strive to present all religious
        traditions in an objective manner so that individuals belonging to these
        traditions can recognize themselves in that representation" (Final Report,
        28
        October 1999).

        4. Education and training in promoting better relations between the
        followers
        of religions is an urgent priority. Growing awareness of religious pluralism
        should not lead to indifference. Dialogue, while respecting the religious
        traditions of others, requires us to be firmly rooted in our own religious
        tradition and to acknowledge the objective differences between religions.
        Each religious community should devise its own approach to educating its
        followers in a spirit of dialogue, and indicate how they believe an attitude
        of dialogue could best be fostered in our respective communities.
        Furthermore, dialogue should be complemented by joint efforts to uphold the
        family, form the consciences of the young, defend fundamental moral and
        spiritual truths and values, increase the awareness of the need for a deeper
        spiritual life and promote exchange of accurate information about each
        other's beliefs and practices.

        5. Together, let us look forward to the future with hope that it will bring
        lasting peace for all. Happy Diwali.

        Cardinal Francis Arinze,
        President

        [text distributed by Vatican Press Office]
        ZE01110520
      • george_tereb@..
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
          Dear Sajan,
          I understand the importance & your need of daily devotional readings
          to inspire one at the begining of the day.I had been getting daily
          readings to my email from another yahoo group.
          The site is
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orthodoxdynamis
          Hope it might be of some help.

          Regards

          George Varghese
        • Dr. M.S. Alexander
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
            Dear Friends,

            Please note that IndianOrthodox Church has transformed into a Universal
            Orthodox Church and today it is a multinational, multilingual, and
            multicultural church. ST THOMAS came not just to preach to the people of
            Malankara but to preach the Gospel to the four corners of the world.

            DR. M.S.ALEXANDER, LEEDS, ENGLAND