Re:Supreme Catholicos

  • Fr George T, Ireland.
    Message 1 of 366 , Jun 1, 2007
      Dear Mr.Thomas,
      I vehemently support your view and concern of the present pathetic plight of our church. The bane of today in our church is the excessive influence of the politicians and business magnates in the Managing Committee. They, for their vested interest, exploit this church. Some priests also join hands with them for their selfish ulterior motives. I doubt whether they have lost their sense of direction and oneness or not. Further,what we lack today is an authentic and unbiased history of our own. What we can do now is but pray for the church. May God save His Church.
      With love and prayers
      George Achen, Ireland.
    • Rajesh Vargheese, Austin, Texas, indianor
      Message 366 of 366 , Jun 29, 2008
        4 days to Mission Sunday: St. Gregorios Daya Bhavan, Kunigal

        As we continue to look at the multiple dimensions of IOC's mission initiatives, today, we will look at how IOC's mission initiatives address the current day killer diseases.

        As we talk about AIDS, the name of our country comes up, as India have the
        largest number of HIV infected people in the world. One in eight people
        infected with HIV in the world resides in India and it accounts to ~5.7
        million people.

        There are 6 states (Manipur, Nagaland, Andhra Pradesh, TamilNadu, Karnataka
        and Maharashtra) that are very badly affected, with HIV/AIDS prevalence
        rates greater than 1%.

        IOC has always been on the forefront in the fight against killer diseases.
        In the 80's IOC's mission fought against leprosy, today it
        is fighting against AIDS. It has made the fight against AIDS a top priority.

        In its fight against AIDS, St.Gregorios Daya Bhavan is one of the newest
        ventures of Malankara Orthodox Mission Board to care for the children of
        AIDS patients. It is located at Bhaktarhalli, Kunigal Town, 80 kms away from
        Bangalore.

        St. Gregorios Daya Bhavan
        No. 69, Vanighere Village
        Bhaktharahalli P.O, (Via) Kunigal, Tumkur Dist
        Karnataka - 572 120, India

        Phone: 0816 320075
        Email: dayabahvan@...
        Website: http://www.dayabhavan.org/