Re: Practical Theology

  • Dr. George, Dubai
    Message 1 of 2400 , Oct 15, 2001
      Barekh'mor.

      Respected Achan, Fr.JP,

      I was so pleased indeed to see achan's mail on
      practical theology. In fact for the last 30 years I
      have been talking about the need for developing a
      document to help our family people to practise the
      practical Christian life according to orthodoxy. Every
      one who listened to me used to keep silent. However,
      now I could see my old seed is germinating. In this
      forum several questions had appeared in the past about
      such practices in the church.

      'jhangal oru orthodox Christian kudumbam,' let our
      married priests help to develop such a document. Our
      forum should send their opinions. Once the document is
      developed which could be placed before the Holy Synod
      for the approval. Let us not wait for our church
      dispute is over for such an essential practice. I
      remember the prayer of St Paul for the removal of his
      physical problem and the answer of our Lord 'ante
      kripa ninakku mathe' the current church dispute is St.
      Paul's physical problem which should not affect our
      re-vitalisation of the CHURCH.

      Think and Respond
      with prayers
      Dr.George,Dubai.
      Message 2400 of 2400 , Apr 16 5:07 PM
        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "O Death, where is your sting? O Hell, where is your victory? Christ is risen, and you are overthrown. Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen. Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice. Christ is risen, and life reigns. Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in the grave. For Christ, being risen from the dead, is become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep."

        St. John Chrysostom, On the Resurrection.

        "May the glory of the Lord endure forever; May the Lord rejoice in His works."  Psalm 104:31

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Baramoudah, April 17, is:
        13 Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. 16 But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him. 17 And He said to them, What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad? 18 Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days? 19 And He said to them, What things? So they said to Him, The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. 21 But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. 22 Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. 23 When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. 24 And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see. 25 Then He said to them, O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. 28 Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther. 29 But they constrained Him, saying, Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And He went in to stay with them. 30 Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. 32 And they said to one another, Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us? 33 So they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven and those who were with them gathered together, 34 saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon! 35 And they told about the things that had happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread. (Luke 24:13-35)
        Departure of St. Zosimus (Zocima).
        Commemoration of the Wonder that took place on the hand of Pope Sinuthius (Shenouda I), 55th Patriarch.

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Baramoudah, April 18, is: Mark 16:9-20
        Departure of Anba Isaac, the Disciple of Anba Apollo.
        Departure of Pope Gabriel II, 70th Pope of Alexandria, who was known as Ibn Turaik.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness