Re: History of Thrikkunnathu Seminary - Part III

  • GM Mathew,
    Message 1 of 888 , Feb 27, 2007
      Dear Babu Kurian,
      I have heard different versions of the history of the Malankara
      Church. This is the first time that I have heard about Kuttikkattil
      Paulose Mar Athanasious joining the "Catholicose faction" in 1931.

      Kuttikattil Paulose Mar Athanasious was not only the Metropolitain of
      Angamaly but also the 'Malankara Metropolitan' of the Patriarch
      faction till he died.

      Is there any proof about Valiya Thirumeni joining the Catholicse
      faction in 1931 ?

      It is true that Valiya Thirumeni loved and cared for even those who
      opposed him. That is why we venerate him as a saint.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M

      Babu Kurian Puliyeril, Dubai wrote:

      Seminary during the turbulent days:
      In 1931, Kuttikkattil Paulose Mar Athanasius came back to the fold of
      the mother church. The Holy Synod approved him as the legitimate
      metropolitan of Angamali and Kochi Dioceses.
    • sumamthomas
      Message 888 of 888 , Mar 29, 2014