Thiruvananthapuram Lathicharge

  • A Reader from Abu Dhabi
    Message 1 of 888 , Feb 24, 2007
      Dear readers of this forum,
      This is in reply to the first hand account of Thiruvananthapuram Lathi charge on our Orthodox Priests and brothern by Mr. Anil P.V. I agree that the action of the police was brutal and unjustifiable. But I can't stop telling one thing.Our leaders asked for it and got it. During the last election, I myself heard one of our Bishop telling that we should not show Kerala Assembly to one of the prominent politician who happens to be a member of our Church and his party. We all have seen many news items regarding this in News Papers of those days. If not UDF, then, whom they want to show the Assembly ? How can a religious leader who believe in God can ask to vote for a party which publicly rejects the existance of God?? I'm sorry to say this, but we begged for it and so deserved it.

      A reader from Abudhabi

      From Moderators:

      Name withheld per request.
    • sumamthomas