Re: Jesus being Tempted

  • robin@india.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2001
      i would like share my conclusions. i don't know whether its a valid
      one or its acceptable to church.

      jesus is 100% GOD and 100 % human being. he had all the qualities of
      god and all the weakness of Humans. what is explained in bible is
      symbolic. don't think that saten himself came and tempted Him. all
      these were thought of his mind and these were satenic thought. but
      the
      great thing is Jesus was able to overcome these feelings

      let me explain more clearly. its said after 40 days of fasting Jesus
      became hungry. then its said as Saten came to him and asked to change
      the stones there to bread. its symbolic. what might have happened is
      after being hungry he himself might have thought that why can't he
      change the stones to bread(remeber he is 100 % human being). but
      ultimatly he succeeds in controling his mind.

      being a human he also might have satenic thoughts just as we all have
      at some times. but since he is God he was able to overcome all these
      feeings.