Re:An Appeal to the Clergy

  • Joseph George, Abu Dhabi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2006
      Dear Brother n sisters,

      With all respect to Konath Achen and all others who
      has written and signed.. i would like to put in a
      word...ICON is not a place where you campain.
      Eventhough ICON is not our offical website we all see
      and treat it like that.

      Its not fair from the part of the MODERATORS also, to
      wash of their hands by just putting a comment on the
      top(usually it comes after the message). Hope
      moderators will think about this and the group will
      agree to me .

      Yours in HIM,

      love n prayers

      Joseph George (Joe)
      St.George Orthodox Cathedral, AUH
      From the Desk of Moderators:

      While appreciating the valuable opinion of honourable member, we would like to make following comments:

      1) ICON is owned by each one of us, the members of our church. It is an open forum to express our ideas, suggestions, point of view etc, on any relevant issue related to the Holy Church in a responsible manner.

      2) One of our ICON members, Dr. K M George from Kerala forwarded the said appeal from a group of clergy and we could see only good intentions on his part. Recommending or introducing somebody's name for a position, we should not consider as part of "campaigning". Otherwise how we will know about them.

      3) Since Dr. K M George forwarded the "Appeal" without any comment from his side, we had no option, other than putting a note at the top to make the message clear and provide proper context.