Re: Requesting info/St. Baselius Church, Woodside, NY

  • mat430_2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2295 , Sep 5, 2001
      Dear Reny,

      I too am new to the place.

      I do not know about the St. Baselius Church in Woodside. There may
      be this and many other churches in Woodside, NY, as here in the U.S.
      there are many churches close by and there is no contact between
      churches.

      I go to the St. Mary's Orthodox Church in Woodside, NY. I would be
      glad to give you directions to that church.

      The Church is on 37th Av, 61st St, WoodSide, Queens, N.Y.

      The vicar is Rev. Fr. John Thomas.

      The Church is close to subway station - 61 St.- Woodside.

      Directions:
      You could catch a 7 no train from 74St - Broadway towards Manhatten.
      (74St - Broadway station is right above Roosevelt Ave station in
      Queens)

      Luv,
      Mathew,
      (Queens/LI,NY)
      Message 2295 of 2295 , Feb 7 6:32 PM

        "A burning-glass only sets fire to wood, paper, or any other combustible material when we place it in such a position that the rays of the sun, concentrated in the focus of the glass, being all concentrated upon one point of the object, will act upon it through their entire combined power, and thus direct upon the object, as it were, the whole sun on a small scale. It is thus also during prayer, when our souls are warmed, vivified, and inflamed by the wise sun - God, when through our intellect, acting like the burning-glass, we direct upon our heart, as the spiritual point of our being, the mental Sun, and when it acts upon the heart with all its singleness and power."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."  Colossians 3:2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.