Re: Requesting info/St. Baselius Church, Woodside, NY

  • mat430_2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2187 , Sep 5, 2001
      Dear Reny,

      I too am new to the place.

      I do not know about the St. Baselius Church in Woodside. There may
      be this and many other churches in Woodside, NY, as here in the U.S.
      there are many churches close by and there is no contact between
      churches.

      I go to the St. Mary's Orthodox Church in Woodside, NY. I would be
      glad to give you directions to that church.

      The Church is on 37th Av, 61st St, WoodSide, Queens, N.Y.

      The vicar is Rev. Fr. John Thomas.

      The Church is close to subway station - 61 St.- Woodside.

      Directions:
      You could catch a 7 no train from 74St - Broadway towards Manhatten.
      (74St - Broadway station is right above Roosevelt Ave station in
      Queens)

      Luv,
      Mathew,
      (Queens/LI,NY)
      Message 2187 of 2187 , Mar 24 7:43 PM

        "Do not be surprised that you fall every day, do not give up, but stand your ground courageously. And assuredly, the angel who guards you will honor your patience. While a wound is still fresh and warm, it is easy to heal; but old, neglected and festering ones are hard to cure, and require for their care much treatment, cutting, plastering and cauterization. Many from long neglect become incurable, but with God all things are possible."

           St. John Climacus.

        "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."  1 John 3:21-22