Re: Edu. Orientation camp

  • Joseph Alexander Kanianthra, TVM
    Message 1 of 15 , May 7, 2006
      Ref. ICON Digest 1878 dated April 23rd 2006
      Message No. 3 of Sri Mathaikutty

      Sri. K.G. Mathaikutty LWS India Calcutta, may please send to me his postal address (in ICON or by post) to enable me to sent the programme sheets of both pre- and post SSLC Education orientation Camps.

      My address:
      Kanianthra, Medes Lane
      Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram - 695034
    • Binoj Alexander
      Message 2 of 15 , May 7, 2006
        I would like to know what our church says about tattoos. Is getting a
        tattoo considered a taboo by the church ? If so, why ?

        Thanks in advance
        Take care and God bless

        Binoj Alexander,
        Mumbai
      • Dr. C. Alex Alexander,Odenton, MD
        Message 3 of 15 , May 8, 2006
          Mathew George of Raleigh, NC raised the following issue:

          "Being an Orthodox christian my encounter with Jesus appened because
          of the belief of my parents and the sacrements of
          the church. Can I have this encounter and still be 'hindu cultured'
          meaning belief in reincarnation, concept of karma etc?"

          The answer in my humble opinion is a resounding Yes. One can still be
          a Christian, Jew, Parsee or Muslim in India and be still a Hindu by
          culture since culture by definition does not require the inclusion of
          faith as an element of "culture". Culture is derived more by language,
          and the gestalt of one's community based on the place of residence,
          its climate and survival practices based on what are called
          "traditions". A European, Arabic, African or Asian culture is not
          dependent on one's faith. And, to be a Hindu, it is not essential that
          one believes in reincarnation, concept of karma etc.

          The most ennobling tradition of Hindu way of life is its infinite
          tolerance to believe in whatever form or concept that one wants to
          hold on to in seeking God. One can be an agnostice and still be a
          Hindu. I can do no better than quote from below excerpts from the
          interview that Thirumeni Osthathios gave to Nina Benjamin last year
          which appeared in the Deccan Herald, 20 Feb 2005. The same is quoted
          below:

          "A Hindu by culture, Christian by faith, ecumenical by choice and an
          Indian by citizenship?"

          "I will agree with all those evaluations about myself. I am an Indian
          by birth. I am a Hindu, a Christian and a Muslim together. Because, I
          am a humanist and a theologian. God is love- that is my theology. I am
          a Christian and also an Indian, I am a philosopher. Therefore I don't
          isolate myself from India, I am part and parcel of India. My church is
          an Indian Church. My church is founded by St Thomas, the Apostle. He
          had no foreign aid and no foreign missionary."

          If one's faith is solid and steeped in the tenets of Jesus, one can
          comprehend and experience God, in any place of worship. Should you be
          interested in following this subject, I would like to encourge you to
          read, Diana Eck's (Harvard Professor and a devout Christian), "God:
          from Bozeman to Benares". It is an easy read and is in paperback.

          Regards,

          C. Alex Alexander, M.D.,
          Odenton, MD
        • George Thomas, Kuwait
          Message 4 of 15 , May 8, 2006
            I was really shocked on reading the message about Christian
            terrorist organizations in north eastern India posted by
            Mr.Thomas.Its high time that we should avoid contact with any of
            these fake christian groups even if they are participating in
            ecumenical programmes

            George T.
            kuwait
          • Thomas P
            Message 5 of 15 , May 8, 2006
              Mathew George,Raleigh, North Carolina wrote:
              "Being an Orthodox christian my encounter with Jesus
              happened because of the belief of my parents and the sacrements of
              the church. Can I have this encounter and still be 'hindu cultured'
              meaning belief in reincarnation, concept of karma etc?"

              Dear Mathew, Perhaps we are confusing with religious aspects of
              certain branches of Hinduism and the Indian culture. There is no
              unified Hindu religion in India. What we have is a large collection of religions. Following Indian culture does not mean accepting some of the faith and theological aspects of these religions.

              I have the experience of interacting with westernized Christians from
              Tamil Nadu and North India. We held Bible studies and other ecumenical activities. I felt that there is no need to be westernized to know Jesus. From real experience I learned that a major factor why Christianity is considered a foreign religion is our own inability to get rid of foreign cultural aspects which we consider is essential part of Christianity. For example, when we think of a choir why we immediately think of a Church organ? Orthodox Church does not teach this, yet we consider certain things like this essential for a Christian identity. This is true even in the way we name children.
              Early Greek Christians did not hesitate to keep the names used in
              pre-Christian Greece. Names like 'Dionysius' etc we use even today.

              For them faith was more important than cultural aspects. Perhaps for
              some Indian Christians assuming a western Christian identity is more
              important than faith.

              In many prishes we have out-of-tune organs. Guitar/Church
              organ/Syriac/English-tunes are not need to have good faith. What we
              need is faith expressed in a way all can understand in India. This
              requires following what we call 'Indian culture' in all aspects of
              Church life - litugical music, architecture, secular traditions etc.
              This has nothing to do with religious aspects like reincarnation etc.
              Also Hinduism is not just about few cliche words like 'Karma', 'Yoga'
              etc. made popular in the western world by some syncretic sects for
              money making purpose.

              Indian philosphy (of various schools) is as involved as (perhaps
              deeper than) western philosophy. It is a vast ocean of knowledge.
              "Karma-nye Vadhikaraste ..." is just one verse from 'Gita'.

              There are many aspects of Indian culture we can easily accept and
              explain in terms of Orthodox tradition. To give an example, vocal
              music is the highest form of music in Indian Shashthriya music. Even
              for learning an instrument you have to first learn vocal. Orthodox
              Church also believes that vocal music is the highest form for worship.

              Ancient sages of India, in their sincere enquiry for truth, arrived at certain realizations through wisdom. There cannot be multiple truths about something. Wisdom (Gnosis) is not totally excluded in the Orthodox Church. What is rejected is a certain teaching (termed
              Gnosticism) that wisdom alone is sufficient for mukthi/salvation. The
              problem is that Indian culture and Orthodox theology, if not handled
              carefully by learned people, can result in syncretism.

              Thomas

              From Moderators: Please sign with full name and place information.
            • ICON Moderators
              Message 6 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                + + + + + Inform! Involve! Inspire! + + + + + +
                + + + I C O N! * * *! M A T R I M O N I A L + + +
                + + + LOOKING FOR BRIDE/GROOM FOR INDIAN ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS + + +
                Look for "Matrimonial Particulars" in every ICON Tuesday Digests.
                If anybody would like to avail this free service, please send the
                relevant information about bride/groom to IndianOrthodox@
                hotmail.com. ICON digests reach around 4,500 families all over the
                world. Please feel free to forward the matrimonial information to
                any interested parties.
                We will publish this information every Tuesday in 5 to 6 consecutive
                issues. For getting responses the advertiser should mention their e-
                mail address and/or telephone contacts in the body of the message.

                We Moderators do not take or assume any responsibility for the
                particulars given by the advertisers. Concerned parties are
                encouraged to verify the particulars.
                -
                Further correspondence to be done with the E-Mail address/ Phone No.
                given against each item (pl. note, no space needed after '@'sign in
                E Mails, although space given here for proper display on your screen
                in ICON Digests) quoting the Ref. No. given on the top of each item.
                We would highly appreciate, if you can give us your frank opinion
                about this column
                (positive or negative)including results (if any) to IndianOrthodox@
                hotmail.com for our internal evaluation.
                ---------------------------

                (I) SEEKING BRIDEGROOM:

                =======================================================REF NO: MTM 1224B3
                ********************

                Orthodox Christian parents from a reputable family invite marriage
                proposals for their daughter 22, 5'5, fair complexion, beautiful,
                God fearing and good looking. She did her BSc Radiography from Father
                Mullers, currently in Kuwait. We are looking for a God fearing,
                professionally qualified & well placed boy preferably working Kuwait
                or Canada. If interested, please respond with the proposed boy's
                detailed profile along with latest picture to
                (kvgeorge45@ yahoo.co.in) or (oommen_kv@ yahoo.com)"

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1223B3
                ********************
                Suitable proposals invited for a convent educated Marthomite girl,
                Post Graduate (Bio technology), M Phil., currently working as
                lecturer for a reputed professional college in Bangalore.
                She is 170 Cms., age 25 yrs, smart, humble, very soft spoken, modest
                and God fearing. Only younger sister studying for Engineering.
                Prefer professionally qualified boys, god fearing, well behaved and
                with clean habits, from middle class Marthomite/Orthodox/Jacobite
                families, working in India or abroad.
                Please send proposals with maximum details in first e-mail to
                george11@ eim.ae or pampady@ gmail.com.

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1222B3
                ********************

                Orthodox parents in US since 11 years invite proposals for their
                daughter, 25, 5'3",fair, US citizen, brought up in Kerala until
                early teens, BS degree in information systems, employed, God
                fearing, holds high morals and family values. From professionally
                qualified Jacobite/Marthomite/CSI boy with similar
                interest/background. We are planning to visit Kerala in July 2006.
                Preference to boys in US / Canada. Contact jacob10709@ yahoo.com.
                Suitable proposals invited from parents of boys for a fair,thin,
                humble and God fearing girl, BCA, residing at Kottayam.
                She is 164 Cms., DOB March 1979 & She is presently working at
                Ernakulam. Proposed girl is very soft spoken modest. Father a
                Orthodox Priest, Mother a Housewife, Elder Brother & Sister. Sister
                is married to me and we are presently in Saudi Arabia. Brother will
                be traveling to Dubai by mid of next month.

                Prefer boys with good prayer habits, well behaved and with clean
                habits, from Orthodox families, working in India or abroad.

                Please send proposals with maximum details in first e-mail to
                anish_abraham@ smc.com.sa

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1221B5
                ********************
                Cousin brother in UK invites proposal for a beautiful girl based in
                Tiruvalla. She is 25 years old and studied BSc. (Medical Laboratory
                Technology).
                Presently teaching in Parumala Hosiptal. We belong to the Malankara
                Syrian Orthodox Church. We are looking for a professionally
                qualified and well placed boy who is spiritually strong and
                preferably in the Medical Field in India, Middle East or UK from
                similar Syrian Christians denominations. Interested parties please
                contact bajaj235@ yahoo.com

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1220B5
                ********************
                Suitable proposals invited from parents of boys between 26 & 30 for
                a fair,thin, humble and God fearing girl, M.P.E., MPhil., (Rank
                holder).
                She is 173 Cms., DOB March 1981 & She is working in an Indian School
                in Kuwait. Proposed girl is very soft spoken, modest and is a
                Sunday School Teacher. Father a Jacobite Priest, Mother a Housewife,
                Only younger sister studying for B.Sc., Nursing.
                Prefer boys with good prayer habits, well behaved and with clean
                habits,from middle class Jacobite families, working in India or
                abroad. Preference is for boys working in Kuwait.
                Please send proposals with maximum details in first e-mail to
                raajuissac@ gmail.com

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1219B5
                ********************

                *Alliances are invited for Orthodox Christian boy, MSc,MBA,DEIT, 34
                years,63 Kg,164 cm,wheatish, working as Manager in a reputed
                chemical industry at south Gujarat from educated, god fearing, good
                looking and homely girls.*
                *Email: **thommanparampil@ gmail.com*
                *Phone no:+919879260437*

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1218B6
                ********************

                Orthodox parents living in New Zealand for past 23 years invite
                marriage proposal for their daughter 26 years old, 5'5, wheatish, good looking, very family oriented and God fearing. Brought up in New Zealand with traditional Indian culture and Christian values. She is currently working for a major bank in New Zealand as an business executive. She has done her degree from Victoria University in NZ. We are looking for qualified boys wishing to migrate to New Zealand. If interested, please respond to mat.thomas@ aradise.net.nz or ancobeno@ hotmail.com or contact us on
                006421342500.

                ******************
                REF NO: MTM 1217B9
                ********************
                Malankara Catholic NRI parents from Tiruvalla invite marriage
                proposal for their daughter (26/165 fair complexion) MBBS (merit -
                Kottayam) now doing MD (merit) in a famous south indian medical
                institution. fair complexion. e-mail kurianadas@ hotmail.com

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1216B9
                ********************
                OUR DAUGHTER SHE IS GOD FEARING, 25-18.01.1981/169, WHITE, FAIR.
                B'ARCH AND WORKING AS AN ARCHITECT IN A REPUTED CONSULTANCY FIRM
                HERE IN DOHA WITH US. ORIGINALY WE ARE FROM THIRUVALLA, KERALA.
                We are looking for a professionally qualified & well placed orthodox
                boy preferably working in Qatar / Gulf. If interested, please contact
                with family details and photograph by email to appose@ yahoo.com

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1215B10
                ********************

                SYRIAN ORTHODOX PARENTS SETTLED IN MUMBAI INVITES ALLIANCE FOR OUR
                DAUGHTER
                23 / 148. B.E COMPUTER, WORKING AS DIRECTOR IN FAMILY BUSINESS.
                LOOKING FOR ORTHODOX BOY 25-28 AGE, ENGINEER, WORKING OUTSIDE
                KERALA WITH GOOD MORAL VALUES. Send personal & family details to
                info@ holytrinitycharity.com

                *******************
                REF NO: MTM 1214B11
                ********************
                Orthodox parents settled in Canada over 30 years invite marriage
                proposals for their daughter 26 years old, 5 ft 8 inch tall ,
                masters degree , working as high school teacher, in Canada .
                Interested parties from any Christian denomination please respond
                with details to
                af2gts@ hotmail.com

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 1213B11
                ********************

                Orthodox Christian parents from Central Travancore invite marriage
                proposals for their younger daughter, 23/156, slim, fair, B.Tech
                (Civil), currently in the final semester of MBA and graduating soon,
                from Syrian Christian parents of God fearing, well placed boys.
                Please contact via email at plavilakkal@ gmail.com.

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 1212B11
                ********************

                Malankara Catholic parents presently settled in Bombay, invite
                proposals from Orthodox/Catholic families for their 24 year old
                daughter,169/wheatish, MBA (Finance) well employed in Dubai, UAE.
                The boy preferably with good height, PG(Tech)/MBA, well employed (in
                Gulf preferred) bought up outside Kerala. Interested parents may
                respond to: Tel:+91 9869046989 / +971 50 6561671 / mosesjoys@
                hotmail.com

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 1211B11
                ********************

                LOOKING FOR A SUITABLE MATCH FOR OUR DAUGHTER 27,5'-3".B
                S .ENG. ,BORN AND BROUGHT UP IN US WITH ORTHODOX BACK GROUND.
                CURRENTLY WORKING IS A REPUTABLR FIRM.IF INTERESTED ,PLEASE CONTACT
                281 414 0701.

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 1210B12
                ********************

                NRI Orthodox parents from UAE invites marriage proposals for their
                daughter 24 years.155 cm, M Tech,(Bio-Informatics)from
                professionally Educated, God fearing boys. We are hailing from
                Central Travancore. If interested, please respond to kitfriend2002@
                yahoo.co.in or 00971-50-5312405.,00971-2-6219538

                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1209B13
                ********************
                Mumbai settled orthodox parents invites marriage proposal for their
                elder daughter 27 years, MSc, B-ed,lecture in senior college in
                Mumbai. (Biology)Father working Indian Air Lines, Mother -house
                wife,Second daughter working in hp in Bangalore and youngest son
                working in Marchant Navy after graguation. we belongs ancient
                Orthodox family from Valanjavattom, Tiruvalla. Contact: vckoshy1948@
                yahoo.com

                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1208B14
                ********************
                Orthodox parents living in US for the past 32 Years invite marriage
                proposals for their daughter M.D 31 Years old 5'6'', beautiful,
                intelligent, very family oriented and God fearing. Born an brought
                up in US with traditional Indian cultures and Cristian values. She
                is doing her Medical Residency in a Newyork City Hospital. She got
                her M.B.B.S degree from Banglore University. We are looking for a
                professionally qulified boy with similar background. All her
                siblings are in Medical profession. If interested, please respond to
                vjacob02@ aol.com or 201-837-4073
                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1207B14
                ********************
                Uncle seeks proposals for niece, Orthodox Girl,25 years,5'3", born
                and brought up in Bangalore, India, M.Sc Microbiology,B.ED. From
                professionally Educated, God fearing boys in Gulf/USA/India. Girls
                parents hailing from Central Travancore. Contact in USA:(201)385-
                5308 or email at abeytharian@ aol.com

                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1206B15
                ********************
                Orthodox parents based in Thiruvalla invite marriage proposals for
                their 25 yr old daughter who is 5’3", fair, slim, beautiful, family
                oriented, and God fearing. Currently, she is completing her law
                studies in Trivandrum. We are looking for a professionally qualified
                and well placed boy who is spiritually strong and preferably working
                abroad. If interested, please email to mvmv0016@ yahoo.com. Picture
                will be provided upon request.

                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1205B15
                ********************
                Orthodox parents seeking alliance for their daughter 21 years, final
                year B-Tech, selected by Wipro as Project Engineer, 5’3” height,
                beautiful, smart, God fearing from parents of professionally
                qualified Orthodox Boys below 27 years from India or Gulf. Contact
                gpothen@ gmail.com

                *********************
                REF NO: MTM 1204B15
                ********************
                Looking for a suitable match for our daughter 28, 5'5". Msc in Bio-
                med Eng and currently employed in Ontario, Canada. If interested,
                please contact at ekurian.thomas@ gmail.com

                (II) SEEKING BRIDE:

                REF NO: MTM 2135A6
                ********************

                Orthodox Parents settled in Cochin for the past 30 years invite
                proposals for their youngest son,31, 5'11",MBA ,running his own business (BPO)in cochin from parents of graduate girls , working & who would like to settle in cochin itself.for further details contact sharon_john1@ rediffmail.com

                ******************
                REF NO: MTM 2134A8
                ********************

                Orthodox parents based in Kottayam invite marriage proposals for
                their 29 yr old Son who is 5’11 , Working as marketing Manager in
                Abu Dhabi(U.A.E) who is family oriented and God fearing. We are
                looking for a professionally
                qualified and well placed Girl who is spiritually strong and
                preferably from Medical Line. If interested, please email to:
                anitelizabeth@ rediffmail.com/ anitelizabeth@ rediffmail.com or call
                0914812505959

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2133A8
                ********************

                Orthodox parent of an ancient family, well settled in Bangalore
                invites proposals for son, 28 years,5' 9" tall, MS, BE, fair, well
                settled, working in an MNC at Bangalore. Looking for a good looking,
                fair,homely, software professional (BE/MCA) from well known family
                of rthodox/Jacobite/Marthomite denomination. Email: mercy_james_lf@
                yahoo.co.in

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2132A8
                ********************

                Orthodox parents seeking alliance for their son 26 years, graduate
                working in a shipping company as shipping officer in Doha. He is
                6.1"tall, handsome, god fearing (staying in Doha with his parents).
                Looking for girls (preferably orthodox) below 25 years from India or
                Gulf. If you are interested please respond to lenlela@ hotmail.com

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2131A12
                ********************
                Orthodox parents invite marriage proposals for their 39 year old
                son, never married, computer engineer working for a prestigeous firm
                in Upstate New York and finishing his MBA, non-smoker, non-drinker,
                hard worker, and easy going. Engineers, pharmacists, accountants,
                doctors, or lawyers (no divorcees please) may contact at vinut@
                yahoo.com OR
                achammathomas@ yahoo.com

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2130A12
                ********************

                Orthodox parents settled in Canada over 30 years invite marriage
                proposals for their son, 29 years old, 6 feet tall, fair, with
                strong family and Christian values, MD doing second year residency
                in USA. Interested parties from any Christian denomination with
                similar background, please respond with details and recent
                photograph to keralite2006@ yahoo.ca or contact 905-387-8586.
                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2129A12
                ********************
                Orthodox parents settled in US invite proposals for their son (US
                citizen, 26yrs, 5'6", 150 lbs, Mech Engg, working for the last 4
                yrs).If nterested please respond to: rmsnuclear@ covad.net.

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2128A16
                ********************
                Orthodox parents invite marriage proposal for their son, 27 yrs, BE,
                MBA, employed in Gulf. Prefer professionally qualified fair, good
                looking girl.
                Interested parents may respond to: nriorthodox@ yahoo.com for
                detailed biodata of the boy.

                ********************
                REF NO: MTM 2127A17
                ********************
                Proposals invited for my brother. He is 29, 5'.8". He is working in
                a reputed Bio- medical firm as Marketing Executive in Kuwait.
                Parents well settled in Kerala. hails from Tiruvalla. I am the only
                brother. Looking for girls (preferably orthodox and working in
                Kuwait). she should be god-fearing and modest. <john74peter@
                yahoo.com>

              • IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                  The following IndianOrthodox poll is now closed. Here are the
                  final results:

                  POLL QUESTION: Do you think posting Election
                  Appeal from Mr. Oomman Chandy on ICON was right?

                  CHOICES AND RESULTS
                  - Yes, 60 votes, 57.69%
                  - No, 42 votes, 40.38%
                  - No Opinion, 2 votes, 1.92%

                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IndianOrthodox

                  http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                • C. Alex Alexander, M.D., Odenton, MD
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                    While I greatly admire the contributions of Mr. Oommen Chandy, Dr.
                    P.C. Alexander and all other politicians whose lineages are from the
                    Indian Orthodox Church (both factions included), it is a very poor
                    policy to mix politics and religion.

                    Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's. It is
                    unfortunate that ICON chose to publicize Mr.Chandy's campaign appeal.
                    I saw your ICON poll results on this in favor of doing so. I was
                    surprised indeed.

                    Never the less, IMHO, it is a slippery slope when you mix religion and
                    the affairs of the state to pave the roads of any faith. I hope that
                    ICON will never again do any such thing.

                    C. Alex Alexander, M.D., Odenton, MD.
                  • Thoppil John George
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                      Mr E.S.John wrote:

                      "....If St.Peter confessed that Jesus was the Son of
                      the living God, our apostle testified that not only He
                      is the Son of the living God but also the Way that
                      leads to the Father...."

                      This is as if St.Peter and St.Thomas were rivals. The
                      apostles debated on who among them is the greatest.
                      Lord Jesus settled it by washing their feet.

                      The apostles of Jesus are the apostles of HIS people.

                      The message of Christ Jesus seems to have lost on
                      many of HIS people. So also the messages of St.Paul
                      seems to have no effect on many who read them.

                      Most of those who "sort of believe" in Christ Jesus do
                      not practice what he taught. Even those who proclaim
                      themselves to be ardent believers take only what they
                      like from his teahings. In effect such people assume
                      themselves as editors of GOD's messages.

                      It takes a lot of effort to acquire the "spirit of
                      Christ Jesus" and rid ourselves of this diseased
                      notions on any sort of "Superiority" among the saints
                      and apostles of GOD. They are one in GOD. They were
                      all touched by GOD. The effect of GOD's touch cannot
                      be less or more on some, or change with time.

                      With prayers

                      George T.J
                      From Moderators:

                      Please sign with place information
                    • Dr.T.John Zachariah, Calicut
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                        This is a humble reply regarding supremacy of Deciples.I am proud of Mr.John from Australia.
                        Orthodox church need not worry about its future as we have many learned children in different parts of World.
                        I endorse the views of that parent who never wanted his name to be published.
                        I submit I Corinthians3:6-8. St.Paul says' My work was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos' work was to water it, butit was God not we who made the garden grow in your hearts.The person who does the
                        planting or watering isn't very important, but God is important because he is the one who makes thins grow.'

                        We should respect all deciples. We are very weak persons. Among us we can find Peter and Thomas and Paul.
                        This is my humble submission.

                        Dr.T.John Zachariah
                        Senior Scientist-Biochemistry
                        Indian Institute of Spices Research
                        Marikunnu P.O, Calicut-673012, Kerala, India
                      • RAJU THALUVACHIRA , Mehsana
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 8, 2006
                          Glory to God

                          Most respected & dearly beloved Holy brothern,

                          I would like to bring your kind attention to the following two acts of Apostals:

                          1) As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered him, Jesus said to him, "Be quick about what you are doing" John 13.27 ( Here Jesues Predicts His Betrayal). 30.Judas accepted the bread and went out at once.

                          If we are in the place Jude what will we do? Whether we disobey Christ or adhere his commandments ?

                          2) But Peter said to him, I have no money at all, but I give you what I have : in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I order you to get up and walk ! Acts 3-6.
                          Acts-5:7
                          About three hours later his wife, not knowing what had happened, came in, Peter asked her, "Tell me, was this the full amount you and your husband received for your property?"

                          The man who reaffirmed his faith three times again, has kept the figure of amount, which caused the death of two persons - Ananias and Sapphira (i.e. also for want of money).

                          Jesus ordered Simon :Take care of my lambs, take care of my sheep, take care of my sheep........

                          I did not understand its inner meaning, hence I am writing ...

                          Pray for ALL ever & ever with love

                          Raju Baby Thaluvachira
                          Mehsana.
                        • Fr. Thomas Ninan, New Delhi
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 9, 2006
                            May I respond to what Mr.Thomas wrote on "Foreign christian terrorism in NE India."
                            Your statements :-
                            1. "It is reported by all mainstream media that certain protestant and catholic christian groups in North East India are openly funding and supporting Terrorist groups engaged in separatist acitivites in India."
                            2. "The National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN), a separatist
                            organization has two main factions. Both the factions are headed by
                            Christians and get financial support from World Council of Churches, a missionary organisation."
                            3. " It should be noted that the most dominant church in the Khasi hills is Presbyterian (Protestant) which is based in the UK. Christian terrorists have been active in various States of North-East India for a long time."
                            4. "The armed insurgency in Nagaland began soon after much of
                            the local population converted to Christianity. Many militant groups,
                            seeking to secede from India to form an independent Christian state, are funded and armed by the Southern Baptist Church."
                            5. "The Church in the north-east is also known to be associated with
                            smuggling across the borders and circulation of fake currency notes."
                            6. "These western pastors,missionaries and padros equate everything Indian as hindu and thus "pagan" and "evil".The first thing a pastor makes a convert do is make him shave his moustache, give him a white shirt and a black trousers. They teach him to deny his culture,his heritage and his identity."

                            These are enough to sue you beyond your pants, hope you realise that. At the hindsight, you are making very immature comments on some incidents that has happened in the NE where some of those caught have been christians among the other religious groups involved. It stinks to make a blanket statement about the various churches in NE having connections with terrorist groups.
                            Because there were isolated cases where chistians were caught in smuggling arms or drugs, doesn't mean the whole church to which the person belongs has an agenda and role in it. Such a statement infact makes me wonder what your motive and agenda is - is to malign the churches in the NE, is it to fulfill the political agenda of some hindu fanatic group somewhere in the NE dominated by christian population, whatever it may be - please don't use the name of Malankara church and most importantly the name of christian churches
                            in the NE to fulfill your selfish motive.
                            I would request the forum members to kindly negate any value made to the statements made by "Mr.Thomas" (if that is his real name) and at the same time would request the forum moderators to kindly censor such postings making hurtful comments about the churches of North East India. This certainly gives a dangerous image about the people of NE India and the churches there, whom I have known for the past few years as the most loving and beautiful people in the world. The pain, lack of security and other unimaginable challenges amidst which the people of NE India live deserves a more understanding and caring approach towards them, free from any political motives.
                            Fr.Thomas Ninan
                            New Delhi
                          • John Mathews, Hauz Khas, New Delhi
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 9, 2006
                              Birthday of H.G Job Mar Philoxenos, Metropolitan of Delhi Diocese

                              Members of the St. Mary's Orthodox Cathedral New Delhi lead by Vicar Fr.M C Poulose, Society Vice Chairman Mr.George Varghese UNI, Secretary Mr.Mammen Mathew and Trustee Mr. George Varghese SDA visited H.G at Batra hospital on 08th May and wished H.G a happy birthday. H.G is admitted in Batra Hospital for an operation. H.G distributed cakes to the visitors. Operation was successfully undergone at Batra Hospital on 9th morning. May I request all our readers to remember our Thirumeni in your valuable prayers.

                              John Mathews, Hauz Khas, New Delhi
                            • Fr. Joy Pyngolil, Florida
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 9, 2006
                                In an age of drive through churches, tele-evangelism, CD qurbanas or living room altars, Mr. Abraham Koshy's question about "mail order absolution" is worth discussing. We want efficiency and speed. Modern men and women look to achieve more in short time. They do not have time to spare for spiritual enlightenment. Life is very short. Our fathers of the past practiced long prayers and meditation to achieve spiritual enlightenment. It is a long disciplined and dedicated process.

                                The purpose of confession is reconciliation- reconciliation with self, God, and the Creation (including other human beings). Communication is imperative to bring about reconciliation. The sacramental confession practiced in our orthodox church requires an "absolution" pronounced by the father confessor. Oral confession has both theological and psychological aspects. From a psychological perspective, some writing will be therapeutic. However, psychotherapy- interactive, is more effective than bibliotherapy. From a theological perspective reading of prayers and listings of transgressions will be helpful, but an assurance or guidance from an authority is more helpful. That is where "absolution" comes in.

                                In other words, confession is therapeutic and therefore it shall be interactive. (Letter) Writing can be interactive but it is impersonal. With today's technology, e-mail confessions or telephone confessions will be popular. Electronic confessions have that personal touch.

                                (One word of caution, you need check it out with your parish priest about the constitutional validity of tele/electronic confession to participate in parish general assembly)

                                Fr. Joy Pyngolil, Ph.D.
                                Florida
                              • Charly V. Padanilam., Houston
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 9, 2006
                                  The surgery of H.G. Job Mar Philoxinos have done successfully in
                                  yesterday at Batra Hospital in New Delhi Thirumeny is OK. H.G.spoke to
                                  the visitors and will be in ICU for another week for recovery and to
                                  prevent any infection from outside.

                                  we shall pray for Thirumeny .

                                  Charly V. Padanilam., Houston