Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 27, 2006
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "It is not possible to correct yourself rightly if you do not recognize the evil hidden in your heart and the calamities that proceed from it. An unrecognized disease remains untreated. The beginning of health is to know your disease, and the beginning of blessedness is to know your misfortune and wretchedness. For who having recognized his illness does not seek healing, and who knowing his misfortune does not seek deliverance from it?"

      St. Tikhon of Zadonsk.

      "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. 2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy." Psalms 107:1-2

    • padanayakan
      Message 49 of 49 , May 4, 2006
        --- In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, Rev Fr John Brian wrote:

        > confession - yes! (verbal mostly)
        > absolution - no... (requires the hand of a priest or bishop)
        >

        > John-Brian Achen
        > maruroopa palli
        >
        > _____
        >
        > Can confession be done through letter or email?
        >
        > Abraham Koshy

        The answer of Achen is not clear.

        I believe the confession is a the process that an individual
        disclosing/saying his sins with repentance (blessings received also)
        to the clergy, who listens the confession and giving advises, remadies
        and punishments(Pizha) (if necessary) then forgiveness for the sins
        that he/she confessed and forgot to confess also. Then the priest is
        praying the prayer of forgiveness with the "Rooshma" . So is it
        possible through E-mail and letter? does our Church allow to confess
        through e-mail and letter? can the priest send back All that he is
        doing in the confession by e-mail/ letter?

        Charly V. Padanilam, Houston, TX.