Re: [ICON] Digest Number 1793, 5, peace Between the warring groups

  • E.S.John, Australia
    Message 1 of 52 , Jan 25, 2006
      Dear prof.Alexander,
      Any individual should and can practice and follow Jesus and HIS tenets
      to the very letter and words of HIM.
      "A Church is an institution with its infrastructure and worldly wealth,
      which it has to protect and preserve for enabling the faithful to
      follow truly the teachings of Jesus. "

      We can pray to Jesus to solve our church problems, but He is helpless because The Lord also tried to find a reconciliation between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, but was in vain because of their hard- heartedness, for which He cried. We always recommend others to pray to God to solve all our problems. People don't realise that God also has impossibilities in doing certain things; He can't either change a person to do wrongs or do good things. Unless one tries by himself, God is helpless to change a person. On certain occasions Jesus couldn't do some miracles because of the want of faith of His listeners. This is the reason why the Lord doesn't listen to the self-righteous people. We pray to the Lord for the peace between the warring factions by holding the bible in our left hand and lethal weapons on the other hand. As we are the duplicates of the pharisees and the Sadducee's, it is unlikely that our prayers are heard. We want peace on our terms and conditions that are the
      products of self-complacency . Our age is the carbon copy of Jesus' first coming. Prayers can't help, nor anything else can work in this age of the volatile cocktail mix of politics and religion.
      It doesn't mean that we have to stop praying because there are some righteous people among us whose prayers may be well rewarded by the mercy of God.

      E.S.John, Australia
    • Mosses Joyce, Dubai
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 1, 2006
        Dear Moderators,

        First I read the news regarding sad demise of our valiya bava thirumeni from Deepika. Immediately, I wrote a mail to Manorama because I was expecting more updates from Manorama online. Immediately I received a reply from them:

        "We are just waiting for a confirmation. When we do the story, it is to be cross checked thrice. The story will be up now. Thanks and sorry for the delay,Regards,SAnthosh"

        I refreshed manorama portal and I shocked! They uploaded the news like below: ( news regarding bava alongwith picture of Adoor Gopalakrishnan) UAE time: 5.31 (IST 7.01pm)

        I reported this error to Manorama and I got a reply from them:
        "noticed the error. thanks for pointing out. regards,santhosh george jacob, chief sub editor"

        After few minutes, I tried the portal (refreshed) and still the same error was there.

        But around 30minutes later, Manorama posted many pictures and articles about our Valiya Bava Thirumeni. Finally, they did well! (I hope, they will keep those news(articles) & pictures in the portal for few days atleast).

        Thanks and best regards,

        Mosses Joyce
        Dubai, UAE