- ACTS 7: 44-53: CHRIST ESTABLISHED GODS TEMPLE
1. Stephens defense
2. God does not dwell in the temple: 1 Kings 8:27;
3. Believers are Gods temple: 1 Corinthians 6:19
4. Obeying the Law is very important.
HEBREWS 9:1-14; PURGE THE CONSCIENCE
1. The Old Testament Day of Atonement Sacrifices
(Leveticus 6) could not cleanse the conscience.
2. Christs offerings of Himself purges the conscience
and gained entrance into the heavenly sanctuary.
ST. JOHN 10:22-38: HAVE FAITH (Holy Qurbana)
1. Tricky question: Jesus was asked whether He is
Christ to catch Him. If Jesus says that He is
Christ, He could be labeled as a rebel against the
Roman Governor; if not, to say that He is tricking the
2. Nothing Particular: Jesus did not claim anything
particular. Jews were just the opposite. Only to
Samaritan woman, Jesus revealed that He is Christ
3. Accept Him: Jews did not accept the words or works
of Jesus. They did not change even though they
realized that Jesus was Messiah.
4. Recognize Jesus: Recognize Him by His sound and
knowledge and follow. Good shepherd go after even one
5. Watch and Believe: Jesus and the Father are One. A
tree is known by its fruits.
6. Do Good Things: Jews tried to stone Jesus. Why
throw at people who do good things? We have to humble
ourselves on this day and seek goodness: Psalms 4:6.
7. Be Mild: Throw roses, not rock: Eph. 4:25-32
(Lion : Who is the King?
Rabbit: Of course you are
Monkey: Certainly, you are the king
Elephant: Caught the lion at its trunk and threw him
to the ground.
Lion got back and said: If you dont know the
answer, you dont have to be rough, be nice).
8. Examine Oneself: Jesus told the Jews to stone the
woman who was caught in adultery by one who is without
sin (John 8:7). Stick in the eyes, but see speck in
others (Matthew 7:1-5).
9. Dedication during winter: Cold season. Warm up needed.
TEST NO: 5
PLEASE NOTE: The Question Answer part of this Bible
Study series shall be considered as a CORRESPONDENCE
COURSE and I would like to remind every one to
participate in this COURSE to learn more about the
Holy Bible and the CHURCH. I encourage all Achens to
announce in the church about this BIBLE STUDY so that
lots of members can participate.
1. Who is the first declared native saint of our
Indian (Malankara) Orthodox Church? In what year was
this declaration? When do we observe the Memorial
Feast of this saint?
2. Recite a personal (if possible your own) experience
of miracle happened through this saints mediation.
3. Give the reference for The prayer of a righteous
man has a powerful effect.
4. Who defiled Jerusalem temple and who rededicated it?
5. Why we should have a treasury in the church?
6. Who spoke to the Lord face to face?
7. After King Solomon built the Jerusalem temple what
did he do first?
8. Salvation is offered to whom?
9. (Fill in) --------are Gods temple.
10. Who told about whom to throw stone who is without sin?
Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy, CorEpiscopa