Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2408 , Jul 4, 2001
      "But also know that the fulfillment of the commandments of God gives true
      knowledge, since it is through this that the soul gains health. How could a
      rational soul be healthy, if it is sick in it's cognitive faculty? So we know
      that the commandments of God also grant knowledge, and not that alone, but
      deification also."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "For you shall go out in joy, and be lead forth in peace; The mountains and
      the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the
      field shall clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12
      Message 2408 of 2408 , Jun 22 5:51 PM

        "The greatest gift of God, which we mostly need and which we very often obtain from God, through our prayers, is peace or rest of heart. As the Lord Himself says: 'Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.' Therefore, having obtained this rest, rejoice, and consider yourself as rich and possessing all things."

        St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ.

        "Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God."  Psalm 92:13

        The Bible reading for the 16th of Baunah, June 23, is:
        32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 35 Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 41 Then Peter said to Him, Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. (Luke 12:32-44)
        Departure of St. Abba Nofer the Anchorite.

        The Bible reading for the 17th of Baunah, June 24, is: Luke 12:32-44
        The Return of the Relics of the Great St. Mark to the New St. Mark Cathedral.
        Departure of St. Latsoun El-Bahnasawy.

        The Bible reading for the 18th of Baunah, June 25, is: Matthew 12:22-37
        The Inauguration of the New St. Mark Cathedral in the Monastery of Anba Rowais.
        Departure of St. Damianos, 35th Pope of Alexandria.

        Prayer Requests:

        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.