Re: Malankara RC Rite and Catholicose

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2005
      --- In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, Alex Koshy wrote:
      > Dear Ronnie:
      >
      > The 'Pope' title is used by Coptic Church in Egypt.No objection from
      Catholics, so far!!
      > Let us not get agitated over the titles of the 'Earth' and mortals.
      Let us seek our Lord's Mercy and Wisdom to live like a real Christian.
      Can we call ourselves the children of God and follower of Jesus by
      breaking our heads on this type of issues? Already many many years and
      many many souls have been lost by we two thousand year old
      'Christians' of Malankara. Is it not time to say'Enough is Enough' ?!

      > With prayers
      > Your brother n Christ
      > Alex Vilanilam, NJ,USA

      Dear Alex, Why should Rome object about the Coptic (Alexandrian)
      Church using the title Pope for their chief father? Historically the
      title Pope existed in the Alexandrian Church before Rome started
      using it.

      I think we are not too much worried about these issues, but we need to
      be aware of the truth through discussions. I think this awareness
      about what is going on around is important. Even the Apostles had
      different titles and names assigned to them. Jesus surnamed Simon as
      Peter. He assigned the name 'Boanerges' (sons of Thunder) to James
      the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James. I think we need to
      discuss about each issue seperately with out mixing with other topics.

      Peace
      Thomas
      Dallas, TX