8039Re: IOIF Name Change to IOCN

  • K. Poulose Jacob, Cochin
    Jul 5, 2004
      Will it be more appropriate if the new name has an acronym like ICON; we
      can be members of ICON. If that is acceptable, then the name could be
      INDIAN CHRISTIAN ORTHODOX NETWORK. May be it is justified like, first a
      Christian and then Orthodox.
      This is only a humble suggestion to the moderators.
      K.Poulose Jacob
      Cochin
      Moderators' Note:

      We thank Mr. Paulose Jacob for his thoughtful suggestion. In our long term wish, we would like to develop a web resource/information center as our name suggests. While searching the best name www.ICON.org, we found that it is already used and we instead chose IOCN as another name. However, after reevaluating Mr. Paulose Jacob's suggestion, we have decided to adopt the name Indian (Christian) Orthodox Network, 'ICON'. Let us be living ICONS, living out our lives as doors to Christ and His Church as Orthodox Christians with Indian Heritage wherever we are, and may our network be to the glory of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

      We again thank Mr. Paulose Jacob for the sincere interest he has taken, which is a testimony for his commitment and love for this Global Christian Network of Indian Orthodox Christians and more over The Church as a whole.
    • Show all 229 messages in this topic