36232Re: K.P.Baby former Headmaster MGM H.S .Tiruvalla Passed awaya

  • abcjacob
    Apr 14, 2014

      KP Baby Sir was my HeadMaster when I passed the high school from MGM. I remember the motivation he used to give to the students to perform.  Weekly assemblies or any event which happened in the school used to be his platforms for the morale boost-up of the students. He found time to personally talk to many students. He brought in many aspects of discipline in the school and naturally the pass percentage of class 10 students increased significantly from around 75 percent to almost Full during his tenure as headmaster. This was when the state level pass percentage was between 20 and 30. Student strikes which were very common in those days,  just did not happen during his time. He brought in many initiatives to improve the facilities in school including the indoor stadium. He was chosen for the state government's Best Teacher award.

      I was fortunate to have been the student of some of the other teachers which Mr. Alexander mentioned in his post. They along with some others too, were like a cluster of teaching luminaries;  most of the them were chosen for either state or national level Best Teacher awards. For them, teaching was a passion and not just a profession. I am proud to say that all my later on learning in life as well as academics; were upon the strong foundation they laid in me.

      Though death is inevitable in any man's life; Baby Sir will continue to live in the hearts of tens of thousands of his students and all those who ever happened to interact with him. I salute the fond memories of my dear HeadMaster.

      Abey Jacob, Bangalore.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic