36215Maundy Thursday or Maundy Wednesday

  • Abey Jacob
    Apr 10, 2014
      Dear All,

      Quite interestingly, our church conducts the Maundy Thurday service in the early hours of Thursday. This year the church has permitted it to be conducted in Wednesday evening; exactly 24 hours prior to the believed time of the event. And worse still, the washing of feet service is conducted around 18 hours after the celebration of passover  !!

      I am surprised that this glaring error has been allowed to continue for more than a century. Not sure whether this error is deliberately allowed to continue or is it that it went on unnoticed for such a long time.

      Abey Jacob,
      Bangalore.