35559Dubai wins World Expo 2020 bid.

  • drvinuthomas
    Nov 27, 2013
      The Bureau Internatinal des Expositions (BIE), that has 168 members, which met in Paris from Tuesday ended its meeting on Wednesday 27th November, declaring Dubai as the winner for Expo bid 2020.

      We can be proud that one and the only Indian member in the UAE delegation to BIE was Mr.Jacob Mathew (Jojo),our Sabha Managing Committee Member

      Dubai was pitted against the Turkish city of Izmir,Brazil's Sao Paulo and Russia's Yekaterinberg.Sao Paulo was eliminated in the 1st round,Turkey in second round and Russia in the Third..About 132 members voted in the third round  and Dubai got 116 votes out of that.
      This achievement adds another milestone in the shining history of Dubai's spectacular growth.

      Dr.Vinu Thomas,
      Dubai..