35408Episcopal extravagance leads to suspension ..

  • George Easaw
    Oct 24, 2013

      Pope Francis shows the world he means business as he suspends Franz Peter Tebartz van Elst,  the  German catholic bishop accused of extravagant spending of app $45 million on his residence and for falsifying travel records.

      Remember he is the representative of that famous poor carpenter of Galilee who was born in a manger.

      Hope we do not have such extravagance in our poor church .. Hope we do not lose the essence of basic simple living and high spirituality in our church.

      Wonder whether our young bishops have imbibed the christian values of sincerity, simplicity and austerity in their living ..

      George Easaw
      Bangalore