34569Re: Lengthy Church Services

  • ronnie daniel
    May 1, 2013
      - In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, <susaneapen2001@...> wrote: Is there something called 'Qurbaana kaanuka' so that people can come late and see the Eucharist being taken towards the west?

      In addition to Seeing the Qurbana, there is Hearing the Qurbana, Receiving the Qurbana and Living the Qurbana too. Due to technology advancement, Seeing and Hearing can be done even sitting in the comforts of our home. But technology for Receiving the Qurbana sitting at home is not yet invented.

      And there is a final and difficult stage of Living the Qurbana which is the fruit of the first three steps. Many of us do the first two steps of seeing and hearing. Some souls may reach a step even further, receiving it; mostly for judgment and condemnation. I am not trying to be judgmental here; but it is written that we ourselves with our own strength will not be able to make it to that final stage of living it. If it was not possible for St. Paul by his own strength, how it would be possible for meek sinners like us.

      Therefore, the best chance we have in front of us is to seek the help of the Lord who makes everything possible. If we place ourselves in a position to see, we will have a chance to hear. When we have a chance to see and hear, we stand a chance to receive. And when we have the chance to see, hear and receive; we stand a chance to live.

      The longer we practice those first three steps, the better the chance of God making the final thing possible for us. Same like the longer we stay in a race, the better is the chance of winning. Skipping half of the race and expecting a win is a terribly bad idea. The excuse for many who come late for worship is their busy schedule.

      Matthew 4: 4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'".

      Well, there is no harm in staying longer in our race for our bread; but that should not be at the cost of skipping the word of God.

      Regards,
      Ronnie Daniel, Toronto
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic