23271Re: The Orthodox Study Bible

  • Jessie Jacob, Philadelphia
    May 1 5:31 PM
      Respected Achen,
      An year ago, I bought the complete Orthodox Study Bible with the Apocrypha from Conciliar Press as a birthday gift for my 12 year old daughter. She has been using the lectionary at the end for daily devotion. Since receiving this Bible, she completed all of the New Testament and most of the Old Testament books. The study guide format of this Bible is highly engaging and I believe this is why she is hooked on to it daily. I agree with you that it is a great resource for all Christians and especially for Orthodox Christians because the commentaries are based on the ancient Christian perspective. This Bible is instrumental in developing appreciation for Orthodoxy and is truly a great gift for young people.

      Sincerely,
      Jessy Jacob
      St. Thomas Church, Philadelphia
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic