121Revision of Liturgy/update

  • OOMMEN KAPPIL
    Jan 1, 2001

      Hope many of you will recall that we had some discussion last month on revision of our liturgy and the need for liturgy in English. The other day I heard  from a friend of mine that our Church is in the process of translating more of our liturgy to English. At least some of the sacraments have been translated, the Good Friday hymns also are being translated now. I heard that H.G. Mar Irenius (who currently lives in the US) is doing a great job with the translation, and is working under the direction of the Synod. (I was told that His Grace has Masters degree in Malayalam, and Ph. D in English literature.)

      This is a commendable step in the right direction. However, it is unfortunate that we, at least some of us, are kept in the dark about such positive activities. What is happening is not just poor communication, but lack of any communication at all. Any way, I'm sure the translation will help our Church, especially our young  generation.

      Oommen Kappil

      Do You Yahoo!?