Greek Mythic history

  • mkelkar2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2008
      "I (Harris) became convinced years ago, when I was studying Sanskrit in
      my historical linguistics doctorate program, that the Greek myths had
      little to do with the spirituality of the Indic myths, even when there
      were thematic and linguistic parallels. (Campbell travelled a similar
      route, but went wrong in the direction of a popular and fashionable
      spiritualism.) I have discussed this mismatch with Indian scholars and
      find they have the same misgivings about Greek mythology."

      http://community.middlebury.edu/~harris/SubIndex/greekmyth.html

      M. Kelkar