Re: [Ind-Arch] Re: The Taj Mahal according to P.N. Oak & S. Knapp

  • Ram Varmha
    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 1 4:25 AM
      Does this answer some of your questions, Francesco?
      Ram

      "Oak has sued to break open the cenotaphs, and to tear down brick walls in the lower plinth: In these "fake tombs" and "sealed apartments", Oak says Sivalingams or other temple items were hidden by Shah Jahan. According to Oak, the Indian government's refusal to allow him unfettered access amounts to a conspiracy against Hinduism.

      In 2000 India's Supreme Court dismissed Oak's petition to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj Mahal and reprimanded him for bringing the action, saying he had a "bee in his bonnet" about the Taj.

      In 2005 a similar petition was dismissed by the Allahabad High Court. This case was brought by Amar Nath Mishra, a social worker and preacher who says that the Taj Mahal was built by the Hindu King Parmar Dev in 1196."

      Francesco Brighenti <frabrig@...> wrote:

      --- In IndiaArchaeology@ yahoogroups. com, "S Sampath"
      <sampath_srinivasar aghavan@. ..> wrote:

      > True scholars must work for finding the truth, and must not object
      > to investigations. Will you support a new archaeological study
      > by by all groups?

      Which "true scholars" did ever question the fact that the Taj Mahal
      is a Muslim monument; which ones did ever claim that the Taj is a
      Hindu building (a temple or palace) surreptitiously turned into a
      Muslim monument by Shah Jahan?

      I personally have no objection to investigating the Taj's "secret
      chambers"; why should I have any? But mind that any excavation
      undertaken under the monument may represent a serious threat to its
      stability! That's probably why ASI archaeologists have never thought
      of that. Why should they have? Only because one P.N. Oak urges them
      to do so?

      I am still waiting for someone to demonstrate that Oak is a "true
      scholar"... Have you seen his credentials, publications?

      Regards,
      Francesco

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

    • shivraj singh
      Message 59 of 59 , Nov 1, 2007
        BTW francesco do you know hundreds to thousands of
        hindu temples were destroyed by muslims ? They are
        still being destoryed in kashmir as we speak but
        people who have double standards like you never talk
        about hindu temples being destoryed in India.

        http://www.hindujagruti.org/activities/campaigns/national/hindu-genocide/gallery.php?level=album&id=16

        Why such duplicity in behavior?

        -Shivraj

        http://mail.yahoo.com