Re: [TMV_indology] Invitation :: Gode Memorial Lecture :: 31 May 2013 [1 Attachment]

  • manjiri24
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 4:23 AM
      Dear Shreenand and team,
      Hearty congrats for the fantastic discovery !!
      Will certainly attend the presentation !!!

      Best,
      Manjiri

      Sent from Samsung Mobile

      Shreenand Bapat <shreenand_bapat@...> wrote:

      Dear All,

      We recently came across a stone inscription, dated Monday, 27th of May 1174 CE, pertaining to Kalachuri ruler Sovideva of Kalyani. The inscription is associated with the Panchalingeshwar Temple.

      The inscription, bearing heavy accretion, is chemically cleaned by M/s Amogh Prabhudesai, Nikhil Gadgil and N. S. Belekar.

      Plan of the temple is prepared by Ar. Ravindra Kulkarni.

      Thanks are due to Shri Y. N. Koli for bringing the inscription to our notice.

      This all will be narrated in the ninth P. K. Gode Memorial Lecture to be held at the BORI on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 5.30. Prof. M. K. Dhavalikar has kindly agreed to chair the function.

      Attached is the invitation. Please attend.

      --Shreenand