Re: Puranic God on the land of Babylon !

  • AK Kaul
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      Shri Prashant Pandeyji,
      Jai Shri Ram!
      <Only replace 500 BCE with 1500 BCE for the last update of MBH and Atharva-Veda
      Parishisht.1500 BCE was near about staring point when constellation started
      coming into being.>
      There are loopholes galore in your own theory!
      1. If the Mahabharata is a work of pre-Kali-era, it has a work of 3200 BCE and not 1500 BCE!
      2. If the Mahabharata is a work of post Kali-era of 3102 BCE, it can be a work updated in 500 BC and not 1500 BCE.  Pl. read the proofs given by S B Dikshit in his Bharatiyra Jyotisha Shastra!
      3. Atharva Veda Parishishta is a post Atharva Veda work----created much under the influence of Babylonian astrology with an Indian tinge!
      4. Atharva Veda Parishishita does not talk about constellations by nakshatras!  As such, you are talking of works without having read them though it is available in the files section.
      <Meena was the first constellation which came into being and it has been
      mentioned in Vedanga Jyotish's one verse, that verse is not corrupt or
      adulterated one, it matches with the timeline of making of constellation
      according to history of astrology.>
      Here also you are just flaunting your own ignorance!
      Mina as constellation is non-existent even in post Surya Siddhanta astronomy in India. since constellations are of Greek origin and they were unequal imaginary divisions of the zodiac, which Babylonian astrologers confused as equal divisions.  There can never be any astronomical twelve equal divisions.
      On the other hand, Mina and Mesha etc. rashis are twelve equal divisions---simple and plain English translations of Greco-Chaldean astrological signs!
      If you had read the VJ yourself thoroughly, you would yourself have wondered about the  reason of absence of this Mina Rashi  mantra in the Rik Jyotisham since it is found in Yajusha-jyotisha, a later work of a post Rik Jyotisha era.
      That  itself confirms the view that it is a much later interpolation, after Mesha etc. Rashis had been imported in India in around second century BCE/AD.
      Besides, all the scholars /commentators/translators of the Vedanga Jyotisha are of a definite view that Mina Rashi shloka is an interpolation in Yajur Jyotisha.
      This work also is available in the files section, and the commentator has given all the reasons for describing this mantra as an interplation of a much later date.!

      <Regarding raised queries in the mail, i will come up with proofs.?">
      We will cross that bridge when we come to that.
      Jai Shri Ram!
      A K Kaul

      --- "prashant" <praspandey@...> wrote:
      Puranic God on the land of Babylon !

      Dear Shri Kaulji,

      Only replace 500 BCE with 1500 BCE for the last update of MBH and Atharva-Veda
      Parishisht.1500 BCE was near about staring point when constellation started
      coming into being.

      Meena was the first constellation which came into being and it has been
      mentioned in Vedanga Jyotish's one verse, that verse is not corrupt or
      adulterated one, it matches with the timeline of making of constellation
      according to history of astrology.

      Regarding raised queries in the mail, i will come up with proofs.

      Regs,
      Prashant Pandey

      PS: Regarding astrology works or not, you know better then me as you have been
      excellent astrologer which you now-a-days hide and say it doesn't work and its
      fraudulent one.