News you can use from the Oakland Single Parents' Network (OSPN)

  • KadieK
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 11:54 PM
      It has been an exciting few months for The Oakland Single Parents' Network. Since our launch in March several key elements to a building a successful organizational foundation have come together. We have made hundreds of new friends through our weekly picnics at the park. Many businesses have come on board to sponsor our Single Parent Discount Card program for OSPN members. A number of donors have come forward to support us in various ways as we endeavor to file for nonprofit status and mold what we have so far into a sustainable, replicable organization for single parents everywhere.

      I believe that our social connectedness as single parents is vital to our well being and ability to do all that is required of us. I also believe that practical activities and information make a huge difference in the quality of our families' lives in the day to day. My vision is a future where single parents have a soft spot to fall, friends who understand and resources to lift them up.

      With this in mind in there will be a number of new events we will sponsor in the next two months that you can read about in our July newsletter (email kadie@... to receive). Thank you again for your help in getting this started. In the last couple of months I think we have collectively proven that "we are not alone." And congratulations to all of us for making the commitment to "not live like we are!"

      To all of our friends, members, business partners and donors, I want to personally thank you for supporting us and sharing in the excitement of this new venture.

      In the spirit of community,

      Kadie Kelly, MPP
      Founder
      www.oaklandsingleparents.com