Re: [Imperial-Club] movie Imperial

  • pnkmoore@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 1 3:14 AM
      By Googling the stars listed in the Craig's list add I found the movie,
      supposedly. It's the fourth in the "Fast and Furious" series. Not my
      thing, but I clinched my teeth and watched some of the trailers. I
      couldn't see if there were any Imperials, that '81 in particular, but
      given the footage I could see and the buzz about the movie on the
      internet, it's a classic car showcase movie. It comes out in a few
      days, April 3, if you're so inclined. Here's some of the press, which
      includes an interesting list of cars:
      //

      The high-octane muscle cars featured in Universal Pictures' upcoming
      action-thriller Fast & Furious**
      <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Fast_and_the_Furious_4,_The/index.html>
      are on display exclusively at Universal Studios Hollywood as The
      Entertainment Capital of L.A. adds the exotic street racers to its
      world-renowned collection of authentic movie picture cars and props.

      The 1987 Buick Grand National and a 2009 Subaru WRX STI that are driven
      by the stars Vin Diesel <http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Diesel,_Vin/>
      and Paul Walker <http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Walker,_Paul/> are
      parked inside the theme park within arm's reach of fans and car
      aficionados. Universal Studios Hollywood's fleet of famous cars parked
      along the Studio Tour route currently features more than 16 recognizable
      prop vehicles from famous movie and TV productions including Back to the
      Future <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Back_to_the_Future/> (DeLorean,
      a futuristic Edsel and Biff's Cadillac), Serenity
      <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Serenity/> (Mule), Animal House
      <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Animal_House/> (Death Mobile), The
      Blues Brothers <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Blues_Brothers/> (Blues
      Mobile), The Mummy <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Mummy,_The/>
      (Dusenberg), The Little Rascals
      <http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Little_Rascals/> ('Norman
      Schwarzkopf' go-cart), Magnum P.I.
      <http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Magnum_PI/> (Ferrari), Jurassic
      Park <http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Jurassic_Park/> (off-road Mercedes
      SUV), and from the Marx Brothers movies, a 1932 Ford Model A.

      David Wilker wrote:

      Try this one:

      http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1066865314.html
      <http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1066865314.html>

    • Ron Stephenson
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 2 8:00 AM
        Hey, look at this on the upside; one more Imperial destroyed makes the remaining ones that much more valuable, and if we are patient, we might see the prices rise to like one tenth or one twentieth of what the older chevys are bringing now. 81 to 83's have an average selling price right now of 1000 to 1500 dollars. If you have trouble with that, take a look at 'competed items' on ebay and see how many have been listed and not sold. Hopefully, in the near future, a giant reality check will happen, and the prices on old stuff will return to some form of sanity.

        Now, before anyone has a heart attack, I own a 1981 Imperial myself, and have walked away from more than my share of them that could have been bought for pennies on the dollar. One fellow had 6, all not running, most with fuel injection still on them, and I could have bought the lot for less than $3,000. That was last year, not a decade ago. My bet is that they went to the crusher back then when scrap was bringing over $250 a ton. A heartbreaker, but I could not justify buying them and not having a place to store them. All these were left outside for Lord knows how many years. On the other hand, my brother has one right now, his third one, and it is mahogany with brown guts, and is one of the cleanest ones I have ever seen. It sits in his drive way (no garage space), and he has asked me repeatedly to buy it, as he does not drive it. Fuel injection works, and the car is near-new. It is much prettier than my champaign colored one which needs paint.

        Value is what someone will give; never mind all the hype. I was told that more used cars are sold in the Cleveland newspapers in a week than all the cars sold out of Hemmings in a year! There is a message in their somewhere.....