Re: [Imperial-Club] '67 Won't Start w/Key

  • randalpark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 61 , Feb 1, 2009
      I had the same problem with my '68. I replaced the starter and the relay with no change. Assuming the two years are set up the same, my problem turned out to be that the wiring between the relay and the starter was bad. If I recall, in my case, it was the smaller of the of the two.?The disconnect was inside the insulation, and not visible. The connections were clean and tight.

      Strangely, when my house furnace recently failed, the trouble turned out to be exactly the same. A wire between the electric fan motor and the heat sensor switch failed within the insulation, while the connection on both ends were clean and tight. It happens.

      Paul W.?

      Good luck.

      Paul W.?

      Message 61 of 61 , Feb 13, 2009
        Hey All,

        I have a friend who knows way more about electrical than I do
        coming over tonight so hopefully we can get this whipped once and for
        all. I let everyone know what we find. Wish us luck!

        Thanks,

        Cory
        '62 Crown
        '67 Coupe

        --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Lang" <ken@...> wrote:

        > Good point. Poor grounds have been the cause of much used profanity
        in the
        > automotive repair world. But I think that would actually affect the
        lights
        > themselves at the far end of the circuit rather than near the
        beginning. If
        > I remember right the report was that the voltage was pulsing when
        measured
        > at the turn signal switch. If it was a steady, rhythmic pulse I
        would lean
        > towards a flasher unit or a circuit breaker tripping and resetting.
        Either
        > one of these would be accompanied by a faint clicking noise. (very
        faint in
        > the case of the circuit breaker) But the only circuit breakers on
        this car
        > (from the factory) are in the headlight circuit.
        >

        > If the pulsing is sporadic, my first suspicion is a loose connection.
        >

        > Cory, test this again and let us know.
        >

        > Ken

        <mailto:Imperial-Club%40yahoogroups.com>