Re: New Designated List Specifically for Imperials?

  • Tony Carter
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 9, 2013
      Kenyon

      I don't think it really matters what a car is classified as, in Australia we have Veteran, Vintage then Classic, it relates to the era in which the car was built.
      A 1927 model T Ford is a Veteran, a 1940 Chrysler is Vintage and anything after 1949 is a Classic, it has nothing to do with cost, manufacturing numbers or anything else. The general rule of thumb here is "keep it simple stupid"!

      There is no cut off date for Classics it's whatever anyone wants to call it but you wouldn't call a 1982 vehicle a Classic it's just an old car and if it's still running around in good condition, good luck to the owner as they're now getting scarce, considering it's over 30 years old, and the value is starting to go back up!

      Recently a 1972 GTHO Phase 3 Ford Falcon unrestored original sold for just over a million $'s, as is usually said Ford made 350 GT's and there's still 600 on the roads!!

      Tony   Oz.
    • Patricia Pruitt
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 12, 2013

        Hi Mark:

        I could surely use an interior rearview mirror for my restored 62 Crown 4 dr South Hampton. Mine current one is not clear and it is worn to the point where it drops down whenever I hit a bump!

        Also I really need an interior dome light lens for a custom 60 4dr sedan…the one I had was brittle and broke into pieces when we attempted to install it.

        Sorry to hear you are retiring…thanks for all the hard work!

        Patricia

        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 13, 2013
          The 1962 interior rearview mirror was the same for many years and shared among many Chrysler Product Cars. It should not be hard to find a clean used one.

          As for the "dropping problem" if the rest of the mirror is in nice condition, it can be usually corrected by removing the mirror from the car and tightening the spring clip on the "ball".

          Dome light lens is harder to find in good condition especially since the "nib" type retainer on one end usually breaks off, but spans years 1960 through 1963 all models.

          I hope this helps.

          Paul W.

          You could simply add the year of interest in the title. That solves the
          issue without creating additional bureaucracy.
          --MarkE
        • Bill Parker

            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 13, 2013
              I tightened up the ball on the post of mine plus put a piece of emery cloth
              in there also. It doesn't move at all now and it use to flop all over the
              place
              John B

              You could simply add the year of interest in the title. That solves the
              issue without creating additional bureaucracy.
              --MarkE

            • tanakareizo
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 13, 2013
                > On 10/13/13, Bill Parker wrote:
                >
                > With regard to tightening the mirror spring plate, if you find that the screw is as tight as reasonably
                > possible, remove the spring plate and place it flat on an anvil, vice, etc with the open cone sticking
                > up and strike the cone smartly with a hammer. Reassemble and see if that is tight enough. If not try
                > it again. This has worked for me several times.

                You can also stick a thin piece of leather of something similar between the spring and ball.
                -Kle.