1955 Chrysler : New Yorker/Imperial Station wagon

  • Anthony Romano
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

      Extremely rare New Yorker/Imperial Station Wagon. I've never seen this and just wanted to share it. Anthony

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Extremely-rare-New-Yorker-Imperial-Station-Wagon_W0QQitemZ110285024154QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6178QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    • ybshore@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
        Anthony,

            It has crusty bones, and would need a lot time and effort to complete it to 10 foot driver eye-candy quality in my opinion.  There is missing trim exterior trim everywhere [wheel wells, sills, side moulding, front corner porkchops] and the the various colors shown between the interior and exteriors would indicate to me several makeovers different intents; aftermarket gauges and manual pull cables under the dash do not impress me in a 'professionally Hemi rebuilt motor with new carburetor' -- and no oil bath, plus RED valve covers???; dual brake cylinder though;  really just another front Imperial clip on a New Yorker Deluxe conversion.  Still it is a wagon ... although not a fan of wagons, two design options I have always liked are roof racks and the woodwork in the interior of rear wagon areas ...

        Jack
        1955 NYD
        1956 Imp

        In a message dated 9/1/2008 7:50:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, imp1974@... writes:

        Extremely rare New Yorker/Imperial Station Wagon. I've never seen this and just wanted to share it. Anthony

        http://cgi.ebay. com/ebaymotors/ Extremely- rare-New- Yorker-Imperial- Station-Wagon_ W0QQitemZ1102850 24154QQihZ001QQc ategoryZ6178QQss PageNameZWDVWQQr dZ1QQcmdZViewIte m

      • Martin Fowler
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
          Greetings Laborious Imps:

          Ref: Ebay offering of NY Imp Wagon.

          Let's see ... $1,000 for 100,000 miles on a 1955 car. What's there to loose? Buy the car, have it shipped and spend $20 - $25,000 and it's a sox knocker !! The core machine is the telling factor. I bet if membership is asked - honestly they'll say that $26,000 is a total number they wind up spending anyhow. I guess it's like eating peanuts. A little here. A little there. Might as well total it up to begin with and grin like a grill.

          Take above comments into consideration that 1955 Imperials, LeBarons and Crowns - converts, too, are a particular weakness of mine. Wagons for me have always been family good times: building Dad and Mother's house, pheasant and partridge hunting in Autumn, getting Christmas trees, going skiing with high school buds ... a teen of the 50's.

          God's grace to New Orleans,

          Martin Fowler
          1949 Windsor, 2D, Club Coupe, "Walter P. Chrysler" Burgundy
          1950 Imperial - C49, 4D, Sedan, Serious and Sincere Black

          In a message dated 9/1/2008 7:50:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, imp1974@yahoo. com writes:

          Extremely rare New Yorker/Imperial Station Wagon. I've never seen this and just wanted to share it. Anthony

          http://cgi.ebay. com/ebaymotors/ Extremely- rare-New- Yorker-Imperial- Station-Wagon_ W0QQitemZ1102850 24154QQihZ001QQc ategoryZ6178QQss PageNameZWDVWQQr dZ1QQcmdZViewIte m

          It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

        • Klebert L. Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
            Martin Fowler wrote:
            >I bet if
            > membership is asked - honestly they'll say that $26,000 is a total
            > number they wind up spending anyhow.

            I know I could (if I had it on hand) sink that into my '69 w/o a
            ripple... Heck, I could probably find ways to spend that on my Polara,
            and it's in *way* better shape than my Crown.

            I suppose that's the nice thing about expensive gas and home
            ownership - they make other things seem less expensive.
            -Kle
            '69 Crown 4DHT
          • Gregory Gryczan
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
              It reminds me of a mid-70's front end clip swap. I think the Imperial pages have a picture of the New Yorker wagon with an Imperial face. Maybe in the '74 or '75 pages.

              Greg Gryczan
              West Palm Beach, FL
              USA

              On 9/1/08, Anthony Romano <imp1974@...> wrote:

              Extremely rare New Yorker/Imperial Station Wagon. I've never seen this and just wanted to share it. Anthony

              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Extremely-rare-New-Yorker-Imperial-Station-Wagon_W0QQitemZ110285024154QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6178QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

            • Charles Cleaver
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
                You must not have watched the Sky King TV series....

                --
                Charles T. Cleaver, II