Re: [Imperial-Club] Wheel Bearings / Timkin origin

  • Paul Wentink
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
      Horrible or not, that is what I will search for every time. At least now we can use our computers to find them instead of only the telephone and our feet.

      Good luck.

      Paul W.

      From: Fred Joslin <fljoslin@...>
      To: "Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com" <Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:47 AM

      I just bought Timkin sealed rear bearings/hubs for my 1999 Dodge Intrepid. They were made in S. Korea. At least it was not China.

      Fred Joslin

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
        Hi Jerry:

        I agree.

        I have bought tires from TireRack twice now. They list the country of origin for every tire that they sell. Sometimes the country can change between sizes for the same brand/model.

        The tires that I bought for my 46 Imperial and my 67 Polara were made in the USA.

        Something that congress could do is have every vendor prominently display the country of origin of everything that they sell. It should be in big RED letters on the front of the label and very obvious on web sites.

        Much as I dislike more laws, this is one that, in my opinion, would be worthwhile!

        Fred Joslin

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
          I second that but once they get done with a new law to cover that they will
          have to put more tax on it to subsidize that countries loss of revenue.
          John B

          If forwarding on this emailing, PLEASE DELETE all listed email addresses
          before forwarding in order to protect the privacy of others.