Remember the '67 Imperial sedan in Ohio?

  • chrysleresop@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      Couple months ago there was a white Imperial sedan in the Northeast Ohio area... I think someone from the list looked at it. I think I just found the new owner. (Or the new method of selling it if he's telling the truth.) Don't click the link unless you want to be sad:

      http://toledo.craigslist.org/pts/2769926408.html

      Oh yeah, Happy New Year!
      Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network
    • rwright@citlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
        Have you seen a 67 convertible? I prefer driver/show quality vehicles. Thanks, Randall

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
          I posted some months ago about the '68 Crown 4-door that I had looked at in NE Ohio, not too far from Toledo (same region as the '67). It had been an Ohio car all its life. I thought maybe the year was just a typo. However these wouldn't be the same car. The '68 went unsold for some time; I haven't seen it on craigslist. I thought the asking price was high considering how much TLC the '68 needed.

          > Imperial sedan in the Northeast Ohio area... I think someone
          > from the list looked at it. I think I just found the new
          > owner. (Or the new method of selling it if he's telling the
          > truth.) Don't click the link unless you want to be sad:
          >
          > http://toledo.craigslist.org/pts/2769926408.html

          > Oh yeah, Happy New Year!
          > Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

          >     Imperial-Club-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Fred Joslin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
            I very much doubt that the seller will get $1500 for this engine or close to it. Everyone knows that all Imperials and New Yorkers came with 440s (or 413s) and many cars still sell for less than $1500 with a substantial scrap value!

            Most of the real "muscle car" owners who are the target audience do not want AC or a 4 groove crank pully or a 2 groove alternater pully and the exhaust manufolds are completely wrong. Many do not even want power steering. The oil pan is also probably wrong as would be the air cleaner.

            If you assume that a complete rebuild is needed you are buying a used block, crank, heads and maybe intake manifold and carb with a bunch of extraneous stuff you don't want and need to get rid of. This is my perspective.

            On the bright side the engine is still in the car so there is hope yet.

            To quote the add:

            "Complete 1967 440 big block, can hear run prior to removal. Block side casting number is 2536430-8, date 10-24-66. Upper forward stamp pad casting number is C440 12 8. The engine is equipped with A/C, a TRW power steering pump, water pump housing 2780987, oil pan 187, steel forged crankshaft, 4 groove crankshaft pulley, 7 blade cluth fan, and a double pulley alternator with casting number 2-4-1 3000010 42-67(42nd week of 1967). 4 barrel intake manifold casting number 2806178, Carter AVS casting number 4640SA, & a also has a single snorkel air cleaner. Exhaust manifolds are rear dump log style, passenger side is a flat dump, drivers side has an angle dump. This engine is currently installed in its original car - 1967 Chrysler Imperial (car body/chasis is not for sale). A few years ago I bought the car from it's original owner and drove the car 1600+ miles to Ohio from the state of New Mexico with no problems. $1500.00 OBO, call Scott at (419) three zero
            four - four three seven zero."

            Fred Joslin