Tail light removal

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      I am trying to remove the left tail light assembly from my '64 crown. So far I have found 2 bolts that were behind plastic plugs in the tail panel; the lamp is "loose" but it seems that something else is retaining it at the far left corner.

      I see no other plugs to remove, only wires that go through a rubber "stopper-like" grommet. I thought maybe that is what is holding it in but when I wiggle and tug on the lamp I feel no movement in that grommet. Any info on this?

      Thanks
    • Don Verity
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
        There is another bolt on the tail light bracket that can't be reached with the bumper on. It is attached to one of the bolts that hold the two halves together. This would be a good time to pull the bumper and clean out all the accumulated debris back there.
        Don

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
          Oh you've GOT to be kidding?!!

          Ummm, thanks Don