Review of my new 67 Coupe

  • bhannah2
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Well now that I'm calmed down over that massive coolant leak which ended up being a heater core, here's a review of my new 67 coupe:

      Body: straight as a PIN. Not a spec of rust, bondo, or dent anywhere. Has a 3 year old decent paint job in the original color. Not a "chrome off" paint job but I'd say above average. Glass is perfect. Chrome has only faint pitting. Lenses are very nice with no cracks. Even the original rubber door/trunk seals are soft and not cracking.

      Interior: The seats were recovered in vinyl in the original pattern, the dash is perfect with not a single crack or scratch, headliner is perfect. The original real wood trim has weather checked to a nice patina which I kind of like. I just can't figure out why he didn't replace the original worn carpet when he did the seats. Missing 2 cigarette lighters. He installed an amfm cd player in place of the original but it doesn't work. But--I just won an original Wonderbar AM radio on e-bay...Yipee! Missing a toggle on the rear window switch. Driver's seat is frozen, probably a motor or switch. Right rear window doesn't work due to a bogus motor but I have a replacement. All gauges appear to work.

      Mechanical: Starts right up and runs like a top; 112k original miles. All original numbers matching engine and tranny. Drives straight and true. The AC needs a "recharge" which is seller-speak for it probably needs a new compressor; I haven't checked into it yet. As mentioned before the heater core leaked massively so I have no heat and actually we do get more cold months here in Las Vegas than what you might think. Not a big priority; I really don't want to remove the dash for fear of breaking something else in the process. Brakes are awesome and were supposedly redone back in the 90's. Needs the dreaded turn signal switch which I have and am having replaced tomorrow.

      Future modifications I'm going to do: None really, just the 3-1/2 wide whitewall 235/75/15's (***your laugh here***)

      And the price was.........$7,000.00. How do you think I did? I had a hard time finding a 2 door v8 chrysler in this price range in any decent shape, most were over $10,000.00.

      Billy

    • Steve B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
        Sounds like you got a real bargain to me! Hope you put up some pics soon so
        we can see it.

        Steve B.