Re: [Imperial-Club] Horns/electrical

  • ybshore@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 6:11 AM
      Imperialist Brian,

      I'd start here:

      _Repair and Diagnosis of Problems with Your (Chrysler) Imperial's Horns_
      (http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/horns.htm)

      Jack

      In a message dated 6/30/2011 11:32:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      brvincent57@... writes:

      Hello. I would like to know if anyone knows how to remove the horn ring
      on the bottom of the steering wheel of a 62 Imperial. I have 12 volts at the
      hor n ring but poor voltage at the black wire where it attaches to hte
      horn switch. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Brian

    • Brian Vincent
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 11:09 AM
        Thank you, I have read all of those,but no one talks about how to remove the ring. I have a bad wire connection and i cant access it.
        Thanks

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 6:03 PM
          Dear Bryon,You have to remove the padded center that is held by phillips screws from the botton. The rest will be obvious.Good time to tighten the screw on the turn signal arm if sloppy.Regards,Dan

          To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
          From: brvincent57@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:09:06 -0700

          From: ybshore@... <ybshore@...>

          To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 6:52 PM
            Thanks for the advice, but I have the whole steering wheel off. There is a black wire coming from  the copper ring on the bottom of the wheel that comes up through the center and plugs into the horn switch. I need to get the wire out because of a bad connerction. I dont know how to remove the ring. Nothing is obvious at this point.
            Thanks
            Brian

            To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
            From: brvincent57@...