Please Welcome Scott Bower

  • Steve B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 2:41 AM
      New Subscriber(s): Scott Bower
      Email Address is: mrbower@... <mailto:mrbower%40hotmail.com>
      Member Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania

      Car(s) owned: 1968 Crown Convertible

      Self-Introduction: My name is Scott Bower and I have been interested in
      Imperials since I was a little boy. My great uncle owned a '68 and it was
      (mostly)garage kept until it was ruined by a flood in 1985. Since that time,
      I recall seeing only two - in real life - one on the road in Michigan and
      one that was junked, in North Carolina. Over the past summer, I actually
      found a '68 Imperial Convertible, in the classifieds, in our local paper. I
      purchased it and am now the proud owner of a primer grey, convertible. It
      has 54,000 miles on it, and everything (to my knowledge) works nearly
      perfectly. All it needs is a paint job! Being an Imperial enthusiast, that
      knows next to nothing about cars, this website is very informative and
      appreciated...

      /

    • Robert L Hauser
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 6:37 AM
        Hello Scott welcome to the club. I'm from southwest Pa too and have a 68
        conv. Where are you located exactly? I'm about an hour south east of Pgh. I
        live in Mt Pleasant and may not be far from you. Maybe we can get together
        and show off our one of few made. You do realize that 68 is the last of the
        imperial conv and only 474 were made. Mine has some nice options including
        the auto dimmer and sentinel lights. I do not have the power vent windows or
        door locks but other than that it is loaded. What options does your car
        have? Hope to hear from you soon.

        Robert L Hauser

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 7:43 AM
          Hi Scott,

          Primer gray 'eh? Sounds like any number of our Southern California cars. I
          would love to get a 68 convertible but now I have no place to keep it. The
          closest thing to that is my '61 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible, red with
          white leather interior. It is an older restoration but has mostly been
          living in my garage since being completed. Still, the chrome needs to be
          reworked and I am thinking of redoing the engine compartments of both it and
          my '68 Imperial LeBaron 4 door.

          You are going to find this group knows everything about Imperials and most
          anything you might need help on. These are FANTASTIC people!

          Doug