Re: 61 imperial for sale

  • Rob Horn
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2011
      I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
      I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62 Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.

      Rob

    • bogart3147@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
        It would be nice if the seller had posted some pictures of the interior,
        but, from the outside, it looks like it's definitely salvageable.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
          Hi All

          Here is a 59 for sale from Quebec, Canada that looks interesting.
          There may be less to it than meets the eye as it has been listed and relisted. The price seems resonable.

          I have e-mailed the seller twice for more pics and info on condition but got no reply.

          As my French is not good I did not phone but if any of you do and succeed in getting additional information please share.

          http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Chrysler-Imperial-W0QQAdIdZ232372652

          Stephen
          Toronto, Ontario

          To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
          From: toxic94@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:45:59 +0000
          Subject: [Imperial-Club] Re: 61 imperial for sale

          I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
          I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62 Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.

          Rob

          --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Prange" <sprange@...> wrote:

          > Sure looks like it would be to me.....
          >
          > Steve

        • Sonny Moorehouse
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
            It has been repainted from the original white some time ago and the darn grill is ruined which seems to be a common insurance for this car, but it looks like a great start I always worry about what is hiding under a repaint but by the pictures it looks really straight.

            Sincerly Sonny Moorehouse

          • Rob Horn
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
              Thanks for posting this Stephen. I'm not sure what the story is on this car, but I think it's beautiful. I've been missing having an Imperial ever since I sold mine recently. I was hoping to find one from around this time period instead. Every Imperial I find is either in too good of condition and I can't afford it, or its some basket case. Which I couldn't afford to fix either. It's hard to find something in the middle that's reasonable. I have to get more info on this. A friend of mine is a French teacher. I'm going to get a hold of him and see what this ad says. I have to find out how this kijiji works, because they don't show the full phone number.

              Rob

              --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, <diane.miller2@...> wrote:

              > Hi All
              >
              > Here is a 59 for sale from Quebec, Canada that looks interesting.
              > There may be less to it than meets the eye as it has been listed and relisted. The price seems resonable.
              >
              > I have e-mailed the seller twice for more pics and info on condition but got no reply.
              >
              > As my French is not good I did not phone but if any of you do and succeed in getting additional information please share.
              >
              > http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Chrysler-Imperial-W0QQAdIdZ232372652
              >
              > Stephen
              > Toronto, Ontario
              >

              > To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
              > From: toxic94@...
              > Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:45:59 +0000
              > Subject: [Imperial-Club] Re: 61 imperial for sale
              >

              > I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
              > I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62 Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Prange" <sprange@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Sure looks like it would be to me.....
              > >
              > > Steve

            • Jim Farley
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                En bon état, immatriculé, voiture rare
                In good condition, registered, rare car.

                beau projet de restauration à terminer.
                Beautiful restoration project needs finishing.

                Prix à la baisse, doit être vendu .
                Lowest price, must be sold.

                ________________________________
                Thanks for posting this Stephen. I'm not sure what the story is on this car,
                but I think it's beautiful. I've been missing having an Imperial ever since I
                sold mine recently. I was hoping to find one from around this time period
                instead. Every Imperial I find is either in too good of condition and I can't
                afford it, or its some basket case. Which I couldn't afford to fix either.
                It's hard to find something in the middle that's reasonable. I have to get more
                info on this. A friend of mine is a French teacher. I'm going to get a hold of
                him and see what this ad says. I have to find out how this kijiji works,
                because they don't show the full phone number.

                Rob

                --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, <diane.miller2@...> wrote:

                > Hi All
                >
                > Here is a 59 for sale from Quebec, Canada that looks interesting.
                > There may be less to it than meets the eye as it has been listed and relisted.
                >The price seems resonable.
                >
                > I have e-mailed the seller twice for more pics and info on condition but got no
                >reply.
                >
                > As my French is not good I did not phone but if any of you do and succeed in
                >getting additional information please share.
                >
                >http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Chrysler-Imperial-W0QQAdIdZ232372652
                >2
                >
                > Stephen
                > Toronto, Ontario
                >

                > To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
                > From: toxic94@...
                > Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:45:59 +0000
                > Subject: [Imperial-Club] Re: 61 imperial for sale
                >

                > I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted
                >this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be
                >white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
                >
                > I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62
                >Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.
                >
                > Rob
                >
                > --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Prange" <sprange@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Sure looks like it would be to me.....
                > >
                > > Steve

              • Sonny Moorehouse
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                  Nice car Wish I had it

                  Sincerly Sonny Moorehouse

                • Bernie Parent
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                    They want you to reply by via site email. Nice car.
                    Bernie Parent

                    ________________________________
                    Thanks for posting this Stephen. I'm not sure what the story is on this car, but
                    I think it's beautiful. I've been missing having an Imperial ever since I sold
                    mine recently. I was hoping to find one from around this time period instead.
                    Every Imperial I find is either in too good of condition and I can't afford it,
                    or its some basket case. Which I couldn't afford to fix either. It's hard to
                    find something in the middle that's reasonable. I have to get more info on this.
                    A friend of mine is a French teacher. I'm going to get a hold of him and see
                    what this ad says. I have to find out how this kijiji works, because they don't
                    show the full phone number.

                    Rob

                    --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, <diane.miller2@...> wrote:

                    > Hi All
                    >
                    > Here is a 59 for sale from Quebec, Canada that looks interesting.
                    > There may be less to it than meets the eye as it has been listed and relisted.
                    >The price seems resonable.
                    >
                    > I have e-mailed the seller twice for more pics and info on condition but got no
                    >reply.
                    >
                    > As my French is not good I did not phone but if any of you do and succeed in
                    >getting additional information please share.
                    >
                    >http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Chrysler-Imperial-W0QQAdIdZ232372652
                    >2
                    >
                    > Stephen
                    > Toronto, Ontario
                    >

                    > To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: toxic94@...
                    > Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:45:59 +0000
                    > Subject: [Imperial-Club] Re: 61 imperial for sale
                    >

                    > I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted
                    >this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be
                    >white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
                    >
                    > I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62
                    >Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.
                    >
                    > Rob
                    >
                    > --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Prange" <sprange@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Sure looks like it would be to me.....
                    > >
                    > > Steve

                  • Rob Horn
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                      Thanks. I did. I'll see if they write back!
                      And Jim, thanks for the translation.

                      Rob

                    • diane.miller2@sympatico.ca
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                        French to English Translation

                        In good condition, registered, rare car
                        nice restoration project to complete.
                        Lower price must be sold.

                        If you click the xxxx's in the phone number it reveals the numbers.

                        Your French teacher friend may need to call for you as I used the translate program to change my e-mail questions from English to French but got no response.

                        Stephen

                        To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
                        From: toxic94@...
                        Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:32:22 +0000

                        Thanks for posting this Stephen. I'm not sure what the story is on this car, but I think it's beautiful. I've been missing having an Imperial ever since I sold mine recently. I was hoping to find one from around this time period instead. Every Imperial I find is either in too good of condition and I can't afford it, or its some basket case. Which I couldn't afford to fix either. It's hard to find something in the middle that's reasonable. I have to get more info on this. A friend of mine is a French teacher. I'm going to get a hold of him and see what this ad says. I have to find out how this kijiji works, because they don't show the full phone number.

                        Rob

                        --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, <diane.miller2@...> wrote:

                        > Hi All
                        >
                        > Here is a 59 for sale from Quebec, Canada that looks interesting.
                        > There may be less to it than meets the eye as it has been listed and relisted. The price seems resonable.
                        >
                        > I have e-mailed the seller twice for more pics and info on condition but got no reply.
                        >
                        > As my French is not good I did not phone but if any of you do and succeed in getting additional information please share.
                        >
                        > http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Chrysler-Imperial-W0QQAdIdZ232372652
                        >
                        > Stephen
                        > Toronto, Ontario
                        >

                        > To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: toxic94@...
                        > Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:45:59 +0000
                        > Subject: [Imperial-Club] Re: 61 imperial for sale
                        >

                        > I've looked at this one in the past. I don't like that the car has been painted this brown color. When you look at the engine compartment, you see it used to be white. Otherwise I'd be tempted!
                        > I don't know if I'm crazy or obsessed... Or both. lol But I look for '57 - '62 Imperials daily. Just in case I find one I gotta have.
                        >
                        > Rob
                        >
                        > --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Prange" <sprange@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Sure looks like it would be to me.....
                        > >
                        > > Steve

                      • Tom Scott
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 3, 2011
                          I’m relatively close to this thing if anyone is seriously interested I might be able to lay some eyes on it.
                          Tom
                          60 Crown

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 3, 2011
                            I would be if its a decent car.Let me know if you find out anything.
                            Thanks. Jack