51 Crown Limo & Lambert Brakes

  • Joseph Strickland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      On a Lambert brake system, I would suggest that you locate a brake and clutch repair/rebuild shop in your area.  The Lambert discs are similar to clutch plates and most shops that can rebuild clutches can also do the Lambert discs.  The wheel cylinders might be difficult to find new, but the existing ones could probably be sleeved with brass or stainless steel.  There are several companies that advertise in Hemmings that can do the sleeving of both wheel and master cylinders.

      The Lambert disc brake system is rather complex and understanding how it works would help you in repairing the system.  Check out the information available on the club website about these cars.

      Joe

    • Klebert L. Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        The '58 Motor's manual has a little maintenance info on these
        brakes, a couple exploded views and a cutaway schematic.
        Don't know if that's any help, or not.
        -Kle.
        '69 Crown 4DHT