Re: 1951 C53 Crown Question

  • pinkertonk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      --- In Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Olson" wrote:

      ... What would be some of the areas that one could look at and say that's a Sedan vs a Limo?

      Thanks,
      Mike Olson

      Hi Mike, I'm not all that familiar with the 53 Limo but the main difference is going to be the length. Trust me, you'll be able to spot the difference. Limos have jump seats and divider windows. It will also have the Lambert disk brakes.

      My 50 limo is the last year for the flathead 8 but it also has a LOT more trim. The trim is the primary reason that it may never get restored. My pot metal trim will require some expensive restoration work then rechroming...I'm guessing $10K PLUS and the car simply isn't worth it.

      The basic body is the same as the other Keller era limos but the trim changed each year.

      Anyone want to buy a 50 Crown Limo??? I really hate to see it parted out because it is really a nice rust free body with a rebuilt motor.
    • Philip Daniels
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2010
        i have seen that double window on other cars, possible packard. never imperial. i would guess it came from a source that supplied items for low production cars. a hollender book might answer the question. i would guess some one was lucky in a junk yard. maybe chrysler supplied them. .......i always was under the understanding  that a limo had a partition between drivers seat and rear passenger section, no matter how many passengers in rear area.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2010
          Mike,
          have not noticed any answers, forgive me if i missed one
          quickest way to tell a sedan from a limo from a distance,
          outside only-- do only the front doors have key locks? sedan
          if all four doors have outside locks limo this was done so
          the chauferred could lock the rear compartment with his key,
          different from the front doors and ignition, and the driver had
          no access to the rear section. the divider window lift, and all
          four rear (yes the far back quarter windows too) are powered
          and controlled only from the rear other differences if you are
          interested. just ask paul