RE: [Imperial-Club] floor pans

  • hank.leskie@fluor.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2010
      When the bill came to over $4000,00 I decided to pull the car.

      Hank Leskie l FLUOR l E&C | Director 1 Construction Quality l Saudi Kayan –
      U&O Project l Port Hydrotest and Engineering l hank.leskie@... l
      Cell: +(966)-(0)-51-500-9252

      Sonny Moorehouse
      <smoorehouse@insightb
      b.com> To
      Sent by: <Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com>
      Imperial-Club@yahoogr cc
      oups.com
      04/30/2010 05:39 AM Subject
      Please respond to RE: [Imperial-Club] floor pans
      Imperial-Club

      Hi Im sorry but I don't completely understand your email reguardless. you
      will need a fabricator someone to cut bend and weld to either make a pan
      from scratch or to install a used one. The only easy cheap way is to know
      how to do it yourself. Did they do a good job on your floors? Why didn't
      you have them do the trunk floor when they did the. Floors?

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2010
        I totally understand that it takes a lot of time to fabricate something
        from scratch and already paid the price for the new floor pans. After that
        experience I went to the club members for advice and I have decided (after
        many constructive comments from club members) to replace the trunk floor
        with a good used one. My existing floor has 30-40 pinholes (after
        sandblasting) but the sides and edges seem to be sound so it seems feasible
        to replace the center section only without getting into the seams.

        Again, like you say, the trick is to find a good replacement floor. Mike
        has a 63 with a good trunk floor so we shall possibly try that route. I
        have plenty of time as I will return home form overseas in August and plan
        to start work on the trunk then.

        Hank Leskie l FLUOR l E&C | Director 1 Construction Quality l Saudi Kayan –
        U&O Project l Port Hydrotest and Engineering l hank.leskie@... l
        Cell: +(966)-(0)-51-500-9252

        "Ulf Silfwerplatz"
        <luzil@...>
        Sent by: To
        Imperial-Club@yahoogr <Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com>
        oups.com cc
        04/29/2010 08:26 PM
        Please respond to Subject
        Imperial-Club Re: [Imperial-Club] floor pans

        Sonny !

        It's not the making that's expensive, it's the cutting and welding and more
        that's the real cost. Compare $ 350 for parts and $ 2000 for the whole in
        my mail. Firstly I don't belive in that 50+ year old trunks exist and
        secondly what do the yard charge you for the job ?

        I'm afraid that real craftmanship is a disappearing kind of brew on top of
        that.

        regards ulf
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2010
          Hello Hank !

          $ 4000 is OUCH, way too much. But I suppose the time charge is higher than in sweden. Maybe thats why I see so many poorly done rustjobs on the cars that's imported here.

          Good luck with the switching and if you need some tips, I'll be happy to support you.

          regards ulf

          57 Coupe
          60 conv
          61 conv
          62 Coupe

          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2010
            Im going to throw this out You need to go to the seams with your new pieces for a factory correct repair if you have already had things done right I suggest that you should finish it right. I would like to see how they did on the floors