Re: [Imperial-Club] Wheel cover identity?

  • randalpark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      Its a 1963.

      Paul W.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Patricia Pruitt <pruittghl@...>
      To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, Feb 28, 2010 3:39 pm
      Subject: [Imperial-Club] Wheel cover identity?

      Hi all:

      I have in hand one wheel cover that is probably from the 1960s era, however
      it doesn't exactly match anything else I have. It does look exactly like a
      1962, however, it does not have the word "Imperial" embossed around the
      cover in large print which is the style on my 1962s. It is totally plain
      where the wording would be on the '62. It does have the red dot in the
      center of the 4" protruding center and the black and chrome circles at the
      base of that center and ridges going up toward the red dot. Does anyone
      have any idea what this would fit? Perhaps a non-Imperial Chrysler product?
      Any ideas?

      Patricia Anderson Pruitt

      (406-579-0001)

      pruittghl@...

    • Philip Daniels
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        i reviewed the wheel cover section and question a few things. the imperial airflow, and all airflows did not have wire wheels to my knowlege. possibly an option in 1934. both my former 34 and 35 imperial airflows bought from the heirs of the original owners did not have wire wheels. if they were optional, i do not know, but not standard. i would guess some 34s limos were dressed up with them. we refer to wheel covers as such. wheel covers covered the wheel. hub caps covered the hub. in the late 30s beauty rings came into being. they covered up the area the hub caps did not. i do not think chrysler had a wheel cover till sometime in 1948. 1949 on did............all you people trying to find a wheel cover should check phone books for wheel cover dealers and junk yards, especially for closed wheel cover dealers. get on a "metal trail".